Does anyone else think that Taylor Swift is overrated?

Her music isn't even country.

Favorite Answer

I have mixed feelings about her.

Her music is definitely NOT country and she is ruining country music! Because now everyone who doesn't listen to country thinks that she is what country sounds like! I think her first album is sort of country-ish, but her second album is definitely not. IT really, really bothers me. Just because she sang one song called Tim McGraw doesn't make her country. I think her songs are fun to sing along too, though. But they are just not country songs.

And I think her voice is just okay. It's nothing great. On award shows on TV she sounds terrible.

She seems like a nice person though, and is a good role model because she worked really hard to get where she is today.

Source(s): I love country music!!

I can see where many people think she's overrated [and you're right, I don't really consider her music country, either.] But, personally, I really like her. Her music speaks to teenagers so much. She writes about things that every teenage girl has been through / is going through, and I think that's why she's such a hit. I mean, seriously, compare her to Miley Cyrus. A redneck $lut who is a dumb brat that has a pot belly, wash-out father riding on her coat tails. THAT'S somebody who's over-rated.

Anyway, I feel like Taylor really does love her fans, and you don't really hear about any scandals on her [okay, okay, yeah the whole Kanye West thing, but she didn't ask for that.] But, I mean, you don't see half-naked pictures of her going around the internet or hear about her dating some guy who's way too old for her.

Ha, I hope don't sound like some crazed, ditzy teenager. But, I really do like her.

:D

• Yes, definitely.

And, as I've said from the beginning, she should be kissing Kanye West's feet right now - because of him, even people that don't like her music feel so sorry for poor, multi-million dollar Taylor that they'll buy her songs and vote for her for awards (ie: the AMA's where Lady Gaga and Michael Jackson were robbed blind by her).

But she's a charming, one-dimensional, all-American girl who still seems annoyingly shocked at how famous she is - therefore, the general public loves her.

ɛïɜ Tнαℓια'ა ጦυაε

AGREE. But what can one do, she's the typical all american product.. with the right marketing machine behind her she would always be a success. But she's obviously overrated, in every possible way.

p.s. Anyway I like your nick, it reminds me of this Bjork song. I'm sure you know it.

Yes. She is pretty, but that is it. She gets a pass right now because an arrogant man like Kanye said something that was seen as mean. Granted, I can't stand Beyonce, but Taylor's a pretty blonde and you can't pick on a pretty blonde... Uh oh, I've said too much, they might start calling me Kanye now.

• Kay.

No ones music is very country now. It's all just pop with an accent...sometimes.

Agreed.

with looks like hers (including alien like eyes or eye lids stretched across) she'd crack the lens in a camera.

who calls their child taylor anyway?

it's a surname.

Heck yeah. At first I tolerated the little tramp but now I just flat out can't stand her

Yeah I don't like her. She's a bad singer and she's really annoying