how can i boost my cars speed?

ive looked for performance parts for my car and i cant find any, i have a 99 Chrysler Cirrus LX 2.4L 16vavle MFI, she still has power as it is, with 89,400 clicks on it, i barely drive it, but i want some more horsepower, compared to my 2.5L Cirrus Makes my 2.4L a dinky buggy, Help any 1?

Update:

or maybe i can put multiple spoilers on top of each other up to the sky get maximum horse

Update 2:

i just want more low end toque rather high end torque

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Dan B
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You can't boost a car's speed by installing performance parts. These parts will improve horsepower and acceleration to that top end speed at the end of a drag strip. Top end speed is solely the function of the gear ratios in the transmission and rear axle and to some extent tire size for a specific engine RPM. Another way is to reduce wind resistance, but don't expect a huge improvement in top end speed. Engineers have already designed into the car body low (but not the lowest) wind resistance.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Easy and cheapest is to make it lighter.

-Take out everything u dont need,

spare tire, washfluid and etc in the trunk. even the back seat if u can. but then it wont be as functional.

Tune Up

Spark plug

High quealiity low frition synthentic engine oil

oil filter

Air filter

Mods - cheap

-Get a performance muffler and a high flow performance air intake

Get tire that have great grip as HP is nothing without traction.

Mod - expesive

-get a supercharger if u can afford it

• 1 decade ago

A chip would definatly help out, check out http://www.voloperformance.com . A less restrictive exhaust system will help, but not much, theres not a whole lot you can do to those cars unfortunatly.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

put a giant spoiler on it maybe even 5 or 6... they give you a ton of hp... you'll probably have like 450hp if you do that man

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • less
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Exhaust and a better air filter will help some.

• 1 decade ago

buy a better car?

Chip it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.