Teen Urban Fantasy/Sci-Fi Romance Book Recommendations?

Hey I'm looking for a couple of good books to read over christmas and wanted to know what's good out there.

I like reading action, adventure, suspense, urban fantasy, science fiction, romance, mystery novels. I also enjoy novels like Paper Towns by John Green.

Just to let you know, I have read the following books:

Twilight Series (I'm really sick of all things twilight. so overrated)

The Mortal Instruments Series (Probably one of my favorite book series! Amazing!)

The Hunger Games and Catching Fire (Definitely in my top two favorite books ever! The Best!)

Harry Potter Series (Love, love, love Harry Potter)

Gemma Doyle Trilogy (I though these books were pretty good)

Graceling (really liked it)

Blue Blood Series (I found these books very addicting and satisfying)

Vampire Academy Series (addicting enough)

My Sister's Keeper (Hard to get through. Overall, it was good.)

The Host (Way better then Twilight)

The Mediator Series [Meg Cabot] (A bit shallow for me, but still okay)

Paper Towns (John Green is an Artist with Words. Loved this book)

Poison Study (Good Book)

Wicked Lovely (boring)

Ironside, Tithe, and Valiant (okay books)

The Summoning and The Awakening (yea, I like these books well enough)

So please don't recommend me a book i've already read. It totally defeats the purpose of me writing this question.

Other then that: Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Stardust by Neil Gaiman

The Last Vampire series by Christopher Pike

Pretty Dead by Francesca Lia Block

Sunshine by Robin McKinley

Lament by Maggie Stiefvater

The Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan

War for the Oaks by Emma Bull

Allyson Noel's Immortals series, for sure. Quite good.

Need - Carrie Jones

Shiver - Maggie Stiefvater

Fire - Kristin Cashore, the "prequel" to Graceling

Not urban fantasy but one of the best books I've read all year: Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld.

In fact, anything by Westerfeld is good if you haven't read him.

Memory Boy and Defect by Will Weaver

Source(s): YA Librarian

I was about to reccomend The hunger games and catching fire, but i saw you'd written them. They are definitley the best books ever. Do you prefer Peeta or gale?

some other books i like are:

Noughts and crosses series-Malorie blackman

Noughts are white people, and they are considered inferior and are generally of a lower class.

Crosses are black people, and they hold the power, they are in government, they are the rich people and have only the best jobs. The story that takes place in this world is between Callum (a nought) and Sephy (a Cross). They've been friends all their life. They become closer when Callum starts at Sephy's school (an all Cross school), due to a government policy that says noughts be allowed into Cross schools.

Over time, they fall in love, breaking all social boundaries: noughts and Crosses do not mix, they aren't friends and they definitely don't fall in love.

We follow their story as they grow older, and are driven apart by societies prejudices.

The black magician trilogy-Trudi Canavan

Each year the magicians of Imardin gather together to purge the city streets of vagrants, urchins and miscreants. Masters of the disciplines of magic, they know that no one can oppose them. But their protective shield is not as impenetrable as they believe. Sonea, angry, frustrated and outraged by the treatment of her family and friends, hurls a stone at the shield, putting all her rage behind it. To the amazement of all who bear witness, the stone passes unhindered through the barrier and renders a magician unconscious. The guild's worst fear has been realised ...There is an untrained magician loose on the streets. She must be found before her uncontrolled powers unleash forces that will destroy both her, and the city that is her home.

Annie on my mind-Nancy garden

Liza meets annie, she is unlike anyoune else she has ever met and they quiickly form a close bond, but is it just friendship, or something else entirely.

Miss-Understanding My year in agony- lara fox

Miss understanding has no trouble giving out advice on her school websites agony column, so why can't she sort out her own messes? Like her mums mid-life crisis, her best friends betrayal... Not to mention her tortured on-off relationship with a commitment-phobe. Is it all a disaster waiting to happen, or can Miss understanding learn to read between the lines.

Hush hush-Becca Fitzpatrick

Nora Grey, a seemingly normal teenage girl with her own shadowy connection to the Nephilim, and super-alluring bad boy, Patch, now her deskmate in biology class. Together they find themselves at the centre of a centuries-old feud between a fallen angel and a Nephilim...

I like you. This is the nice change from the usual recommendation requests.

I even have to take books off the list I normally recommend.

Faerie Wars by Herbie Brennan

War for the Oaks by Emma Bull

Widdershins by Charles De Lint

Jim Butcher's series. His urban fantasy is the Dresden files. First book, Storm Front. It's about a wizards that fights supernatural baddies in Chicago as part of his detective job. Butcher's more quest-fantasy series is the Codex Alera, first book Furies of Calderon.

The Hollow Kingdom and its sequels by Clare B. Dunkle.

The Diamond Throne, if you want an atypical epic of a knight rescuing his queen. It's the start of the Elenium trilogy by David Eddings. Very funny, and a quick read because you have trouble putting it down.

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. Smoke and Mirrors, too, and maybe Fragile Things. But the last two books are collections of short stories and some are fairly graphic.

If you've read and/or know the Iliad and the Odyssey, try the books Troy and Ithaka by Adele Geras. Actually, try them anyway. It just helps to know the original.

Looking for Alaska by John Green if you haven't read it. Very, very good.

The Lottery by Beth Goobie.

The Merlin Conspiracy by Diana Wynne Jones.

Blood and Chocolate by Annette Kurtis Klause.

Okay, I have to break for this. Mercedes Lackey is one of the authors I like best, not because any of her books are my favorites, but because she writes many, many books and NONE of them are bad. I've yet to pick up a book by her that I couldn't finish. Saying that, the ones I list are stand alone books or ones that begins a series. Phoenix and Ashes, The Gates of Sleep, The Black Swan, The Fairy Godmother, The Serpent's Shadow, Foundation, The Black Gryphon, Joust, Reserved for the Cat, and Exile's Valor.

Through the Wolf's Eyes by Jane Lindskold

Another break. Robin McKinley is an awesome author. Beauty, Rose's Daughter, Spindle's End, and Deerskin are retellings of fairy tales. Dragonhaven is kind of scifi. Chalice is a regular fantasy, while The Blue Sword and The Hero and the Crown are quests and swords fantasy. Sunshine is a modern tale of vampires. I will warn you that there are some really graphic parts in Sunshine and Deerskin, but both of those are among my list of favorite books.

Suck it Up by Brian Meehl

Un Lun Dun by China Mieville, but if you're up for a challenge... try Perdido Street Station. It is 600 pages, complex, almost horror, but it. is. so. good. But I mean SUPER complex, and it gets graphic.

Terrier, First Test, and Alanna all start series by Tamora Pierce. The second two start out slow... don't really pick up until the next book, but Terrier is immediately good. It's about a girl training to be a cop in the slums. All the books have magic. Oh, and Wild Magic starts an okay series, too.

Wee Free Men, Monstrous Regiment, and Small Gods by Terry Pratchett. Read them and you will be hooked as a Pratchett fan for life. Guards! Guards! is another book, but this one starts a series. The first couple books are slow, but his latest in that series.... very, very good.

Witch Child and its sequel Sorceress by Celia Rees

Everlost and Unwind by Neal Shusterman

Tantalize by Cynthia Smith

Peeps, Uglies, and The Secret Hour by Scott Westerfeld

Another super-complex story is Catherynne Valent's In the Night Garden. Characters keep telling other characters fairy tales and myths until it becomes a story within a story within a story....etc. But the way it the stories intertwine.. and some of them are really haunting. If you manage to get through it, it's good.

• Alice

Nokosee: Rise of the New Seminole has action, adventure, suspense and romance. It's told from the POV of a 17 year old girl.

If you are searching for Janes Hotel Family Hero you can download it for free here: http://bitly.com/1pULAzg

no surveys, no scams, just the full game!

It is a game that has a gameplay which you as the hero is tasked to restore a chain of hotels and regain it like it used to.

Check it out.

Marked- Sixteen-year old Zoey Redbird gets marked at school one day and has to go to the House of Night, a school for fledglings (young vampyres).The book is centered around Zoey fitting in with the school and finding her place, along with a few hints of the next book to com. ( really, great and soooo diffrent from twilight. )

deja dead by kathy reichs .. i think.

then theres like ellen hopkins books .. about drugs but they are actually really good books.

pick up some daphne dumaurier too .. shes brilliant

the immortal series

southern vampire series(true blood series)