Most interesting fact(s) about space?

What do you think the most interesting fact(s) about space are?

Favorite Answer

Space is endless it is absolutely huge! There is just no end. Plus we are only one of the millions of galaxies! I mean think how many planets are out there! Think how many things that haven't been discovered yet! Are there really aliens? Will we ever know? There are just so many fascinating things out there just waiting to be discovered! Maybe one day we will finally know all the answers! I mean we might be able to find somewhere in space we can actually stay when the sun dies out in a couple billion or trillion years.

Source(s): My awesome science teacher

The origin point of the singularity (the Big Bang event when time started expanding) is about 46.5 billion light years away in every direction in our 13.7 billion year-old universe. This counter-intuitive observation is due to the fact that new time and space is continuously being created within the singularity everywhere at once. The origin point of the universe has receded beyond our observable horizon; and note that every other point in the universe shares this same observed perspective. To illustrate how this can be, I have a new and "improved" balloon analogy: Picture our singularity universe as a balloon; you are a point in the center of the balloon and the wall of the balloon represents the BB event (the start of time). When you inflate a balloon, you blow the air in at a single point; in our singularity balloon universe, the air (time and space) is being created around every point at once - our universe has inflated beyond the volume that its mere age can account for.

• Oh my space, facts about space are AMAZING and did you know in billions (or maybe millions?) of years time the sun will run out of a certain gas (i cannot remember the type) and will get so big and explode, killing life as we know it

but don't worry we will never have to worry about it, nor will many generations to come.

That it expanded another million trillion miles in all directions as I typed this sentence.

After millions of years, it is still expanding.

in space no one can hear u scream

if u shoot a bullet it will never stop

In space, no one can hear you scream.

there are roughly 65 dead dogs and pigs and monkeys floating around earth right now

WHAT is the universe expanding INTO?

Source(s): my brain

parrallel lines intersect. mind blown bricks shall be shat