How many fruits do I need to eat while pregnant?

I am 5 weeks pregnant and I won't see my doctor unless I am 8 weeks.I normally don't eat any fruit.Now I am including atleast half an apple a day.Can any body tell me in numbers how many fruits do I need to eat a day.My question may sound dumb but I have a feeling I am not eating sufficient.

Favorite Answer

It's no different than anybody else. The suggested number is 2 to 4 servings a day. About a half cup of fruit is considered a serving. Pregnant women only need about 300 calories more per day. How you get that extra 300 is up to you, though "they" don't recommend that you get it by consuming candy and chips, so get it a healthy way.

Good sites to let you know about food "guidelines" and what not to eat during pregnancy.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_meal-planning-during-p...

http://www.babycenter.com/303_nutrition-weight_365...

• ?

It's not really a matter of how many, there are certain fruits that help the babies brain development like berries.

What i found was ( i don't hardly eat fruit especially during winter) Apples made me More hungry when I was pregnant.

Eat what you are craving because thats what your body needs at that point.

obviously stay away from the bad foods like :processed meats, soft cheeses, alcohol, drugs, you know...

but blueberries, raspberries, strawberries are all very good for your baby at this point!

Now that I am in my 3rd trimester i can hardly stop eating fruit, I crave pears and apples and grapes and blueberries all darn day!!!!

Source(s): 31 weeks pregnant

well they say your meant to eat five pieces of fruit or veg a day, regardless of being pregnant or not. i would try and aim for that, its the governments guidelines here in the uk, but it all depends on how you feel, if your suffering from morning sickness it will be the last thing you want to do