Are Canadian Social Workers Unionized?

Are Canadian Social Workers unionized? If so, what union would they belong to? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

It depends on where they are employed. Myself, I work for the provincial government and my union is the BCGEU--british columbia government employees union. Other that are employed with the federal government are unionized by CUPE--canandian union of public employees. Hospital social workers also are unionized.

Source(s): Clinical Social Worker, MSW, RSW. in a union.
  • shirts

Wow. long question. first of all, congratulations on getting out of the Jehovah Witnesses, (which includes your loved ones) which would be an incredibly complicated, pointless ingredient to handle. i understand precisely the type you`re feeling top now, I went by that too. I`ve been Christian, Wiccan, Atheist, Jehovah Witness, and incredibly some others. (for sure concentrated on an extremely short volume of time) i think of it replaced into because of the fact all of them have their regulations. I nevertheless learn incredibly some distinct religions, (specially JW) and characteristic waded by all of the shallow teachings maximum placed as a front, and long previous at the back of the ``company curtain`` to work out what`s incredibly happening. I study ``disaster of wide awake`` via Raymond Franz, (he replaced into between the Governing physique contributors of the JWs noticeably advise it to absolutely everyone.) Theres lots extra I`d desire to tell you, in spite of the shown fact that it`s previous 3am right here, so i will`t bypass on lots longer. yet I`ve in certainty come to settle for being extra agnostic. I`ve taken some philosophy classes. i think of you may take a glance at that, I`ll pm you the incredibly some papers (the next day) that i`ve study that have incredibly replaced my attitude on wanting to locate a faith. The issues i'm against the main with faith and faith is whilst different people make you have faith they have the final to administration you. additionally, personifying god only seems so incorrect.