Kenny asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Can Lebron James Play PF (power forward)?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • EN
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Physically he can because his frame is even bigger than many fellow PFs, and he moves faster.

Tactically he can because it draws opposing PFs out of the paint more often and creates more space for him to crab-walk.

But LeBron has yet to invest time and effort on developing a low-post game - if you wanna be a 4-position player, you have to adapt your game accordingly. I can also foresee the urgency for LeBron to add such move because his body is too mature at a younger age and his motor would slow down more signifcantly than we think. Though he would get more bumping and tangling, PF is the ideal position for his latter career because he can save some energy from running and puts himself into a more pivotal position on moving the ball.

Perhaps LeBron should take a look on why Odom sets to stick with PF and slides in SF only when it is requested by Jackson.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Yes LeBron can.

In fact, numerous commentators have stated that LeBron is versatile and capable enough to play anywhere from PG to PF (also depends on matchups).

However, don't expect LeBrong to play PF frequently.

Source(s): commentators, own knowledge, watching games
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He's black? what the ****? ok since now race has something to do with it. I guess that means Nate Robinson could play C.

Yes he can but he wouldn't be the dominating star in the paint. but if he played that a little here&there all season long. he'd just be another player basically like gerald wallace who would sometimes drop down there&be an athletic force on the boards&be a tough man to defend as usual. it would'nt be worth it to keep a guy with his playmaking&IQ down in the paint.

• Hiero
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Easily

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I know right? He never plays his own position he thinks he's a point guard!

• The guy is 6'9 and 260 pounds,yes he can !

Source(s): Lebron himself
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yea. some times he plays that position

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeah with that damn body, he can I think. But his post game isn't that polish and he should improve in that area.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No. He plays goalie.

• 1 decade ago

yes he is BLACK

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.