Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

Where can I find footage from the 1980 'Miracle on Ice' USA vs. USSR game?

I'm trying to find footage of this game for my American history project. I need a primary source, I fgure this is about as primary as it gets, but I'm having no luck finding any footage on the internet.

• Favorite Answer

There are only two legal primary sources of footage, the IOC, and ABC television. Both will charge a fee for the footage

Get the original "Miracle On Ice" DVD from 1981. It's the original movie that shows far more game footage than the 2004 film.

• ?

i comprehend it extremely is a hockey sport. i could say because of fact of a few good motives. First of which u.s. replaced into not estimated to be interior the medal around, nor have been they estimated to be there. They have been a youthful group, the adverage age replaced into 21 years previous. the U.S. group have been greater of a pro group, and a brilliant number of them performed jointly for the final decade or so. The Soviet Union have been exepcted to be there, u.s. men's group replaced into not. that they had lost to that comparable group 10-3 enormously much 2 weeks in the previous, to that comparable group at Madison sq. backyard. And plus the reality no person had ever labored difficult adequate to skate with them for a whole sport. and that they have got been undfeated, even in 40 two video games, with out losses. won't be in a position to declare while in the previous that they had lost a sport, to a set.

for once i have to say, thank you for saying ussr and not russia. but anyway look on youtube, i think i watched that there