Maternity Leave and Vacation Pay?

I am going on Maternity leave as of February 1 2010. On January 1st of every year I am entitled to 2 weeks vacation with pay. I am trying to figure out if I am entitled to take my vacation 2 weeks before my leave ( starting January 15th).

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I i were you I would def contact the HR department or your payroll dept. They would know what you are entitled to. Every state has different laws.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

You have to ask your employer, I'm sure there's some sort of clause that will prevent you from taking those 2 weeks combined with the maternity but if not then there's nothing they can do to stop you..

• 3 years ago

holiday pay is seperate from maternity pay. regularly proprietor will enable u to apply holiday pay at present. no u can not pass previous 6 weeks on maternity depart unlessed allowed in business employer regulations.

• 1 decade ago

I would look into it with your HR. I was going to use my vacation before my mat leave but my HR person told me to go on general sick leave (I'd have to bring in a dr. signed note to get this) rather than using my vacation... so there might be other options out there for you. Just ask!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.