Maternity Leave and Vacation Pay?

I am going on Maternity leave as of February 1 2010. On January 1st of every year I am entitled to 2 weeks vacation with pay. I am trying to figure out if I am entitled to take my vacation 2 weeks before my leave ( starting January 15th).

Favorite Answer

I i were you I would def contact the HR department or your payroll dept. They would know what you are entitled to. Every state has different laws.

You have to ask your employer, I'm sure there's some sort of clause that will prevent you from taking those 2 weeks combined with the maternity but if not then there's nothing they can do to stop you..

holiday pay is seperate from maternity pay. regularly proprietor will enable u to apply holiday pay at present. no u can not pass previous 6 weeks on maternity depart unlessed allowed in business employer regulations.

I would look into it with your HR. I was going to use my vacation before my mat leave but my HR person told me to go on general sick leave (I'd have to bring in a dr. signed note to get this) rather than using my vacation... so there might be other options out there for you. Just ask!