Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do you agree with Republican Treasury secretary under Reagan that the US is a failed terror state?

The US has every characteristic of a failed state.

The US government’s current operating budget is dependent on foreign financing and money creation.

Too politically weak to be able to advance its interests through diplomacy, the US relies on terrorism and military aggression.

An unmistakable sign of Third World despotism is a police force that sees the public as the enemy. Thanks to the federal government, our local police forces are now militarized and imbued with hostile attitudes toward the public. SWAT teams have proliferated, and even small towns now have police forces with the firepower of US Special Forces. Summons are increasingly delivered by SWAT teams that tyrannize citizens with broken down doors, a $400 or $500 repair born by the tyrannized resident. Recently a mayor and his family were the recipients of incompetence by the town’s local SWAT team, which mistakenly wrecked the mayor’s home, terrorized his family, and killed the family’s two friendly Labrador dogs.

http://www.vdare.com/roberts/091020_failed_states....

Paul Craig Roberts was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury during President Reagan’s first term. He was Associate Editor of the Wall Street Journal. He has held numerous academic appointments, including the William E. Simon Chair, Center for Strategic and International Studies, Georgetown University, and Senior Research Fellow, Hoover Institution, Stanford University. He was awarded the Legion of Honor by French President Francois Mitterrand.

http://www.vdare.com/roberts/all_columns.htm

=========================

Update:

Forcaster Bob Chapman outlines the soon comming hyperinflation to hit the US

The US is about to become the Wiemar Republic --- or Indonesia as William K Black puts it listen to the former bank regulator for KS tell you all about US corruption and criminal activity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjgDcYZ2Ins

Youtube thumbnail

Update 2:

Forcaster Bob Chapman outlines the soon comming hyperinflation to hit the US

The US is about to become the Wiemar Republic --- or Indonesia as William K Black puts it listen to the former bank regulator for KS tell you all about US corruption and criminal activity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjgDcYZ2Ins

Youtube thumbnail

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

According to Chomsky, there are three essential components to a failed state:

1. their inability or unwillingness to protect their citizens from violence and perhaps even destruction.

2. their tendency to regard themselves as beyond the reach of domestic or international law, and hence free to carry out aggression and violence.

3. And if they have democratic forms, they suffer from a serious "democratic deficit" that deprives their formal democratic institutions of real substance.

Examples abound to support Chomsky's assertion that the United States is indeed as much of a failed state as those it is so quick to criticize, subvert, and in some cases, invade.

America began to decline seriously under Reagan, continued its precipitous drop under Bush I and Clinton, and has reached disturbing lows under Bush II. Whether Republican or Democrat, successive United States governments degenerated into an entity which is betraying a majority of its people and is a significant threat to the continued existence of the human species: a failed state.

• 1 decade ago

I would say that this is the ranting of a self-aggrandizing failed apparatchik (i.e., Paul Craig Roberts).

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

I think he's wrong, my experience with the police has not been that they treat me as the enemy, nor have I known police officers with that mentality. Their is no slavery in America.

• 1 decade ago

Trout it may be time to swim up-stream. If you find the U.S. such a deplorable example of what humans should have to be exposed to then be the example. Go to another country (any country) and when you find it better there send us a note and we will be right behind you. Really, go.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Proof that just because someone is an academic does not mean they're intelligent.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Good sobering points.

But do you think Mr. or Mrs. Average American will take this seriously?

(I have a gun, and I know how to use it!)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Reagan was kind've senile...I don't think anything he says should be given creedence,

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.