Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

What do you think of "The Giver" by Lois Lowry?

I am currently reading The Giver by Lowis Lowry and I'd like to know your thoughts on it. :)

Favorite Answer

i thought it was just ok, I think it would have been better if it was written in first person POV instead of third person, it was an interesting plot idea, but I believe that the story could have been a lot better and that it didn't reach its potential. It wasn't' good but it wasn't bad either, just bleah

Oh, I love that book! But the farther you get into it, the sadder it gets :( But it is still an amazing book. You should read Gathering Blue and The Messenger when you're done, in that order. They are both somewhat connected to The Giver, but they are just as good. The main character in The Giver is sort of implied in The Messenger.

I hope you enjoy it! :)

If you're currently reading it, I won't spoil anything.

I thought it was very subliminal and the ending was definitely ambiguous. Utopian society just creeps me out, and that definitely did no less.

i liked it