1999 Dodge/Chrysler Intrepid 2.7V6,car has 93,000km/ 57,000miles on it,Should I change the transmission fluid?

Is it about time to be changing the transmission fluid? Also is it correct that ATF+4 is the correct Transmission fluid for this 1999 Intrepid.

This doesn't relate to my question but if anyone has a 2.7 V6 Intrepid & needs to know how to change the Fan Speed Resistor here is a guide on youtube step by step has pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai8d54gC38A

Youtube thumbnail

Favorite Answer

it does need to be changed about every 60 thousand to maintain the transmission real well,so id at least change the fluid and filter ,don't do a flush on it though ,because that seems to create more problems than it helps sometimes,and only use atf-4 back in it ,good luck and happy holidays,

Source(s): been a certified mechanic for 38 yrs now.

Yes change the oil especially if it has never been done before. It would like 10, 11 years old ! Technically oil never quits lubricating it just gets contaminated and breaks down. Atf +4 is the correct oil. The best advice I ever got was from a transmission re builder, " good thing people don't change their transmission fluid like engine oil, otherwise I would be out of a job"

I would say yes to all of the above, but there should be a parts locator book at AutoZone to help with the right part. Definitely have the transmission flushed.

Most people dont realize it but every 35,000 miles factory recomends changing tranny fluid and having it flushed at about 60,000 miles. About 85% of people dont do this but it may also be why they have future tranny problems. This is for automatics tho. Im not sure about manual.

if its auto-Your transmission fluid should be changed regularly to prevent transmission filter damages. If your Dodge is equipped with a transmission filter and you need to have it replaced

yes you really should. atf+4 is the correct fluid for this vehicle.