Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

What Are Some Of The Best Vampire Books You've Read?

I am madly addicted to reading about them (: I love getting lost in a vampire book so got anygood ones ? ;D (Besides Twilight;Vampire Diaries;Pretty Dead;Vampire Kisses;Vlad Todimir Series;Trueblood;Vampire Academy;Vampire Chronicles;House of Night Series;My Sister is a Vampire,I own all of them ;])

Best Answer

The more than 20 Saint-Germain novels by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, including her new one: BURNING SHADOWS.

MIDNIGHT MASS by F. Paul Wilson.

'SALEM'S LOT by Stephen King

ANNO DRACULA by Kim Newman

THE HUNGER by Whitley Strieber

Morganville Vampire Series by Rachel Caine

Dracula by Bram Stoker

Vampire Beach by Alex Duval

Once Bitten, Twice Shy by Jennifer Rardin

Anita Blake Seriies by L. Hamilton

Sunshine by Robin McKinley

Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

Touch the Dark by Karen Chance

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Blood Ties by Jennifer Armintrout

Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis klause

• ?

The Last Vampire series by Christopher Pike

Sunshine by Robin McKinley

The Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton

The Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

The Dark series by Christine Feehan

The Count de Saint Germain series by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro

Bloodsucking Fiends by Christopher Moore

The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward

The Circle Trilogy by Nora Roberts

Fledgling by Octavia Butler

I definitely recommend Evernight By Claudia Gray. I don't know how old you are, but I'm thirteen and have pretty much read all of the books you have listed and loved them too so i think you will like this one. It's basically about a girl named Bianca, who at the beginning you think is a human who knows nothing about vampires, but in actual fact, is a vampire herself. After enrolling in a school filled with vampires (but some humans) she meets Lucas, a boy she soon falls in love with. Little does Bianca know, (and the rest of Biancas vampire peers and parents, who are also vampires and teachers at the school) is that Lucas is a member of the Black Cross,a society formed for one purpose: to kill vampires. Bianca and Lucas then have to figure out to make their forbidden love survive in a world where they are made to be enemies. Its an excellent book with an even better sequel, Stargazer. Hourglass, the third installment, is due out sometime next year. Once I picked up the book, I couldn't put it down. I love this series sooo much!!!Second best to Twilight, for me.Go on and read it! i gaurantee you will love it!!!

Evernight Series - Claudia Gray

Blue Bloods Series - Melissa De La Cruz

Uninvited by Amanda Marrone

The Vampire Beach Series by Alex Duval are a good vampire series to read. There are six books but you can by them in a two-in-one pack.

These aren't books, but I suggest watching the original Dracula movie and Nosferatu. That way you can learn about real vampires, not just the sparkly teenage girl ones.

Evernight ... I personally love it way better then house of night. it's plot is full of so many twists & romance, action, betrail. it's really good & it's part of a 4 book serise, book 3 (hourglass) comes early 2010

Source(s): What i've read

Try reading about the best vampire in the world. DRACULA!

This book buries all of those crappy titles!

Source(s): ME