Is it a must to clean your ear piercing?

I got an ear piercing (lobe) on the 31st of Dec. I asked the person if I needed any cleaning solution (alcohol) for my ear and they said no. They explained to me alcohol only harms the healing skin. I was wondering if I can take a shower (shampooing + body soap) and not clean my ear afterwards since I do not own any sea salt or alcohol myself at the moment. Would it get infected by the shampoo and body soap? (Im not applying the shampoo or body soap on ear - but shampoo might come in contact with the ear when rinsing)

Favorite Answer

DO NOT USE ALCOHOL!!!!

hydrogen peroxide is the best, brown bottle, drug store, 10$, should be plenty...b on the safe side and use it when u get up and when u go 2 bed (twice a day) until u can switch earings without it closing ( which is about 6 months O_o)

Do NOT use alcohol.

Alcohol kills the cells that are vital to healing your ear.

If shampoo or body wash gets in it that is fine, but you should either get some H2O Ocean spray (it's usually 10-15 dollars)

or get some anti-bacterial soap.

It should be fine though, don't worry about it :)

Source(s): I have had many piercings.