Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareOther - Hardware · 1 decade ago

Can I write MPGE-4 videos onto a CD-R?

please help if you know!!! also if you know any other video formats that may work on a cd-r please let me know?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yea that should work just fine. A CD-r can hold all information in any format. This because it is not using the information, just using it. What you need to do is make sure whatever you are going to use to play the video on can read the file format. for example A DVD player can only read in DVD format. Also i highly suggest you use a DVD disk, it has lots more memory that a CD-D, as a matter of fact the CD-D would only be able to hold about 10 seconds of video. Use a DVD disk.

• lookat
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

use the help menu that comes with the CD-R. The specifications will likely give you the exact information you need as to what formats can go on discs using your particular model CD-R.

In fact some mpg, aka avi files are small and some are larger. The size of the files would be a good indicator for you as to weather you should use a CD-R or DVD-R disc.

DVD stands for Digital Versatile Disc. This means that almost any type of file can fit onto a DVD-R.

But the program you use to play MPGE-4 videos like Sonic or Quicktime or Nero, or whatever kind of player would let you know what you can burn to a disc, CD-R or CD-RW or DVD-R or DVD-RW ect.

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

u can write any video format 2 a cd, but if u want it 2 b playable in a dvd player, ull need special software, like nero

• 1 decade ago

Yes you can but they will only work on other pcs/laptops.It may work on some gaming consoles.

If you want to play on a DVD player, you will need a DVD-R & DVD writing software.

Good luck!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.