M&G asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

I'm confused about Salem's Lot by Stephen King...only read 80pages?

Hi, I've only read a bit of Stephen King's Salem's Lot SO PLEASE DON'T GIVE ANYTHING AWAY. I don't understand... the first chapter has a newspaper article that said Jerusalem's Lot is now a ghost town, all the residents left and no one will speak of it, people abandoned their businesses. But this Ben guy meets Susan and they are in the Lot and there are residents! Susan has a book stamped "Jerusalem's Lot Library." I'm so confused...was the newspaper article in chapter 1 supposed to be the future?

I don't get why is described the Lot as a ghost town...now it says there's residents....

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, just keep reading. All will be revealed!

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

a guy returns to his homestead city and discovers that a mysterious stranger has offered an long abandoned homestead on the city. He discovers that the stranger isn't the only one entering into the homestead. quickly, mysterious deaths start to ensue. in line with threat the coffin interior the strangers basement has something to do with it ? This e book scared the crap out of me as a toddler. city he writes approximately (fairly pronounced as Jerusalem's Lot), does not relatively exist, yet is a mix of countless cities around the place I grew up in Maine. So could of the descriptions, places, he writes approximately are very conventional to me. study it :)

• 1 decade ago

Keep reading, as in all his books it'll comes together.

• 1 decade ago

most stephen king books are unreadable rubbish I have no idea why he is so highly rated as all his stories have predictable endings or no ending

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

salems lot is short for jerusalems lot..

• 1 decade ago

Could it be a flashback?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.