Pagans, wiccans, etc etc..............................

..................how many of you care where soemones background of paganism started? and why? does our background really affect so much or is it that important to who we are now as a pagan? begining as a fluffy bunny, or whatever may seem immature to some, but does that mean , and should that mean,... show more ..................how many of you care where soemones background of paganism started?
and why?

does our background really affect so much or is it that important to who we are now as a pagan?

begining as a fluffy bunny, or whatever may seem immature to some,
but
does that mean , and should that mean, those who began that way, and are now or are on their way to becoming better pagans, with more maturity and undrstanding dont deserve some resepct?

sure they sound immature and silly, but sowhat
were we not all immature and silly ?
, are we not still immature and silly about much in life?

when did becoming a pagan mean you have to be mature , serious and of a set standard to be socially accepted as a pagan?
Update: fireball as always im happy to see you in my q, but your answer isnt really appropriate given that your not pagan or wiccan

its not realyl your style to go into anothers q and make it about you

;-)
Update 2: prairiecrow ;-)

i dont dissagree with that necesariyl

but how soemone else came to be a pagan isnt a false fact, its their history, their own life history and path, and so i dont see that its for us to judge that in any way
Update 3: also, to be a pagan, to me, doesnt mean you know or have to know evyerthing about paganism, about its history, its beginings, origins, meanings, it just means you feel a conenction to nature and that conenction is the only thing that matters knowledge comes later, thats the same for us all, we dont all... show more also, to be a pagan, to me, doesnt mean you know or have to know evyerthing about paganism,
about its history, its beginings, origins, meanings,

it just means you feel a conenction to nature
and that conenction is the only thing that matters
knowledge comes later, thats the same for us all, we dont all start off knowing evyerthing
we have to learn
Update 4: chances,
i like your attitude, very admirable, i also agree
;-)
Update 5: erwylian interesting name "You don't need to become a history professor (although you might like that - I've read your posts before, and you're no fool). Pagans need to develop understanding - not get a PhD" ohh, thanks, cool hidden compliment there ;-D but aside form that little... show more erwylian
interesting name

"You don't need to become a history professor (although you might like that - I've read your posts before, and you're no fool). Pagans need to develop understanding - not get a PhD"

ohh, thanks, cool hidden compliment there ;-D
but aside form that little treat, i agree with that, thats exactly what im saying, or trying to say as always with me

thing is, those wanna be hobbits, i dont see who we are to judge them for not understanding what pagan is

who does?
my own mother in law of 9 years only a few weeks ago i discovred belives its to do with devil worship etc

i may be no fool ;-D, but i also know little about paganism, i know enough to get by, but not enough to claim to be an expert...

...so where is the line

i think, the understanding comes in the form of also understanding those who dont understand
;-D
Update 6: KC

i agree with you wholeheartedly