Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

How can I stop my 6 Month Old kitty to stop peeing at the side of her litter box?

My 6 month Old kitty, knows how to use the litter box, however she pees at the side of the litter box rather than inside, how can I stop her from peeing at the side of the box and pee inside the litter box? HELP PLEASE

Favorite Answer

Is there a lid on it? That may detract her from using it.

Also, make sure you clean it at least once a day. Cats won't go in a dirty litter box. Make sure to keep at least a few inches of clean litter in the box.

If you notice her going to the box, try putting her IN the box and see what she does.

Source(s): Mommy to 5 cats currently, have had cats my whole life.

Put newspapers under the litter box and the peeded on newspaper in the litter box afterward and keep repeating until the kitten gets the message.

They have litter boxes that are like a box the cat goe throungh the door and into the litter box and pees that way he'll pe inside it and not on your floor

• ?

Get a litter box with higher sides so his little hind end stays in it. There are some that have a lid that are nice, they keep the smell contained too.

try a litter box with a roof and door or a larger 1. cats are really finicky so check if the liter box is unclean cos if it is that may also b the reason

move the litter box

How big is your litterbox? She may find it too small and cramped. Try a jumbo sized box or one of the shallow but large plastic storage containers.

put her diapers haha (joke)...Seriously, Im agree that you shall try with a bigger litter box