Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 1 decade ago

17 have leukemia and im a mom?

i have a 5 month old baby girl and my bf takes care of her when im in the hospital for long periods of time and during that time he rarely brings her to see me to the point she don't recognize me:( he comes visits and leaves her with his mother.should i ask his mom to bring her more often or is it really not that good to have a baby in the hospital(cancer ward)

• Panda
    Favorite Answer

You need to talk with your pediatric social worker to see if this issue can be resolved. I am not sure what the situation is with custody arrangements, but you should be allowed to see your child . .in fact it is your right as a parent . . this has nothing to do with your leukemia. You have legal rights and if you and the babies father are not married you had better get a lawyer and make absolute arrangements if you want to have access to your baby. Your social worker should be able to help you with this.

Is there a question here? Of course you ask his mom to bring the baby in more often. It is actually pretty safe, although I wouldn't let her visit any patients with serious infections.