Can someone who is excellent in English answer this question with correct punctuation and grammar?

This is a question on a university application so it must sound good and follow the word limit.

I am applying for mechanical engineering

Reading Interests

Discuss a book or a written article that you particularly enjoyed or that has had an impact on you. Preferably choose a book or article that was not part of a course at school.

Minimum: 200 words

Maximum: 300 words

I do not enjoy reading books, in fact I would say I hate reading books at all, and therefore I lack the criteria necessary to answer this question because the only books I do read are for school.

Please do not post anything about my “laziness” or how “If I’m smart enough to apply for mechanical engineering, I surely possess the ability to compose a few paragraphs about a book that I particularly enjoyed.” Because I am not lazy and I do not possess the ability to compose a few paragraphs about a book that I particularly enjoyed because I do not enjoy/hate reading!

Favorite Answer

They said "preferably" choose something that's not part of school, they didn't say you MUST - So in that light, find something from school that you DID enjoy, and write about that.

Don't think of it as something you read for enjoyment, think about it as writing a summary of something you read because the information in the article was interesting or important to you. After all, whether or not you enjoy reading, you MUST read in order to gather information - so focus on that aspect, and not on the mechanical "reading" aspect.

Source(s): hope i helped