Ashley H asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Am I the only person who think Chris Bosh will resign with the Raptors?

the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

i keep hearing he wants to go to miami or cleveland. this doesn't make any sense though. why would he want to play robin to wade's/james' batman??? all superstar players want to be The Man. i would think that any player of his calibre would want to be the player a franchise builds their team around. i don't think he wants to be someone's sidekick.

i also keep hearing that NYC is a likely destination. however, if he goes there he would be going to a very bad team...a team that is worse than the raptors. yes he probably will be more well known if he plays in NYC but he won't win. and winning is the most important thing. winning is the only way of going down in the history books as one of the truly great players. if he goes to NYC and loses no one will care. i think it makes more sense to resign with the raps with a player option after a few years. if the raptors are struggling or if a team like NYC or some other big market team is doing well he could always bolt then. and it's not like toronto is a small market; it might be the 4th biggest after NYC, LA, and chicago.

the only scenario that makes sense is bosh going to dallas. bosh is from dallas and if the mavs don't resign dirk then i think dallas might be a good fit. again, that's assuming they don't resign dirk, which i think they will.

houston will have cap space too but again, he'd be under yao ming's very large shadow.

Update:

Bosh isn't holding the raptors hostage for more money. he's going to get a max contract no matter where he goes.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

yes

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I believe Bosh told Colangalo this past summer that he would not sign a contract extension. This was during the summer of 2009. Bosh's intention is to test the free agency market when he's able. This does not mean he'll leave, he's just going to hold the raptors hostage for some big $$$$$$. Toronto will pay and all will be good. The present team has started to come together. Since the beginning of Dec. Toronto has gotten into the top 5 in most categories. More to come.

• tony z
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I doubt he will go to New York because their team is worse than Toronto's. I think the most likely possibility is he will get traded by the end of the season. I think Toronto has already concluded he will not resign because if he was, he wouldnt be in trade rumours. If he doesnt get traded, i will bet my money he'll go with wade. They would be the best 1-2 combo as well wade has one a ring and Bosh would see himself as a partner more than a robin. Wade+Bosh= Championship Caliber

• Mr. T
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

well last year he told Brian Colangelo he wasnt going to re-sign with time this summer so, what does that tell you.

he wil get a max contract wherever he goes, but Toronto is able to pay him the most $$ of any other team because of that clause that was added into the nba a few years ago

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, because bosh doesn't wnt to do any more contract extension so

for sure he will go to another team.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.