Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 decade ago

me and my ex best friend are not as close as i wish we where. PLZ help me on how get closer to her?

kay so, me and my ex best friend used to be closer than you could imagine. we would spend everyday together and when we we rent together we would text. now we are in gr 9 and when we see each other in the morning when we are alone we talk and have a really good time. but when she is with her newer friends she barely talks to me. i am good friends with her new friends too, with the exception of one who i have had troubles with all through elementary school. me and her have gone through a lot of tough times together, she can be mean to me and a little disrespectful at times but i really want to rebuild our friendship. please give me ideas on how i can do this.

Favorite Answer

Maybe you and your friend are becoming less close because you're drifting apart from her. It's totally natural for that to happen. It may not be what you wanna hear but that's one of the things that happens when you get to high school.

Talk to your friend and tell her how you feel and that you want to be better friends with her like how you were in the past. See what she says. In order for you two to become closer both have to want to rebuild the friendship.

Keep busy with other friends too whether this one works out or not. There's a phrase that goes "Don't put all your eggs in one basket". Being with other friends is cool too because you get to know other people besides just her. :)

hope i helped!