Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

How come they can find Saddam in a 2x2 hole in the ground, but they can't find Osama?

Isn't that strange? Can anyone say CIA?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Mayb'e Saddam was betrayed by weak people and Osama is so well concealed and protected by strong people that nobody will betray him. The bounty on Saddams head was too much for poor Iraqi family and he was betrayed.

• Zelda
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Interesting question. Saddam, leader and dictator, stayed in his own country and, according to what I read, underestimated USA plan/strategy. On the other hand, Osama acted independently and aggressively-then went into hiding. Evidently, he is hiding in the Pakistan/Afghan hills-? caves.

To answer your question-Saddam was found because he did not anticipate the USA's attack, despite warnings. He remained in his own country. Osama, however, was always moving . The Pakistan hills/mountains proved to be a great challenge to those who wanted to capture him.

Currently, Osama has a 25M bounty. . ..

I believe that, within the next year, Osama Bid Laden will be dead.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Saddam was stupid in where he hid in that it was 10 miles away from his hometown, while Bin Laden is hiding in a mountain range about the size of Montana. He does take Hide and Seek to a whole new level.

• 1 decade ago

They were TRYING to find Sadam Hussein.

Maybe finding Osama Bin Laden will cause more terrorism than it will stop.

Open "Pandora's box" as it were.

So that is why they are not looking too hard.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Well, he was reported killed in a bombing raid in 2002, so that might be something to do with it. Nobody has seen him since. The terrorists tell you he's hiding, but it's just propaganda and everyone believes it!

• 1 decade ago

Finding the "Patsy" would open up a can of worms that the US could well do without!..similar to the McCanns case, i.e finding out the McCanns have much to disclose.

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Saddam was real tall and his head stuck out... Osama is a little guy... like that guy that runs Iran.

• 1 decade ago

i dont know about the full details, but we cant get all informations in google searchs...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

most likely because osama died many years ago. by not announcing it, muslim extremist are able to keep their jihad strong and unified

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.