H asked in Computers & InternetHardwareMonitors · 1 decade ago

windows xp blue screen?

I'm having problems with my Dell computer. We have windows xp and it shut down and I have a blue screen that showed with codes 0x00000024. It tells me to rebood and check my hard drive. I CAN'T GET RID OF THIS BLUE SCREEN to to this. Anyone know how to get rid of he blue screen. HELP

Favorite Answer

Blue screen errors, or blue screen of death (BSOD) errors, are the most severe errors Windows can encounter. Since Windows can not recover from this kernel level error, a blue screen is displayed with the error details. The error details contain a STOP error code, which indicates the type of error.

There are a lot of possible causes for blue screen errors, but most of them relate to the computer hardware. The cause of a BSOD error can be a temperature problem, a timing error, a resource conflict, hardware failure, a corrupt registry, a virus or simply a device incompatibility or driver error.

In reality, the most common cause of blue screen errors is a device driver problem. Outdated, incorrect or corrupt drivers can cause the system to encounter a STOP error, resulting in the BSOD.So the easiest way to try and fix a blue screen error is to reinstall and update your system’s device drivers. This will ensure that all driver bugs are fixed and that all hardware has the correct driver. http://best-way-to-improve-pc-performance.com Scan your computer for free now!

Is your computer freezing or crashing or getting the blue screen error?

We all know how annoying this can be.

Especially when you're in the middle of a project and lose hours worth of work because you computer froze up.

Here are a few tips you can use to stop your computer from freezing up or getting the blue screen of death.

Unless you have a hardware problem,

like a hard drive going bad or a video card driver problem the reason you're computer is freezing or crashing is because of registry errors.

95% of the time this is biggest cause of freezes and other general problems like slow start up,

slow shutdowns, blue screen error, freezing, slow applications and a general lack of computer performance.

<--http://bluescreen-fix.com

The Windows operating system constantly refers to the registry to get information about all of the components such as hardware and software which are installed on the computer. The registry tells Windows what to do and how to access the various programs, files, and processes.However, the registry can contain bad information which sends Windows off doing useless tasks or running unneeded routines. Sometimes errors occur including the blue screen of death. Other times the system slows down. Because of the sheer number of factors that can affect the registry, there’s no one size fits all approach. You can’t just go into the registry and remove the bad information because it’s nearly impossible to decipher which information is good and which information is bad. That’s a job better suited for software. I should like to commend Registry Easy http://cleanup-comuter-run-perfectly.com to you ! You can scan your pc for free! Good luck!

challenging factor. seek from google. just that can help!