Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

Any advice for teeth whitening?

Favorite Answer

Brush and floss regularly to reduce or prevent stains.

Try whitening toothpastes. Though heavily advertised, these only partially whiten teeth and don't provide a complete remedy. Make sure the toothpaste has the American Dental Association (ADA) seal of approval and has been clinically proved to whiten teeth effectively. Very few whitening toothpastes have undergone any type of clinical trial, and ones that are too abrasive can damage teeth or make them very sensitive.

Get regular dental cleanings, which remove many food and tobacco stains. No amount of cleaning will remove the severe staining left by tetracycline or systemic disease because these pigments lie inside the tooth; you'll have to take more aggressive measures against these.

Consider the two options, in-office and at-home treatments, for bleaching your teeth. A dentist performs in-office treatments by coating the teeth with a bleaching agent, then using periodic flashes of light to activate the solution. Treatments last 30 to 60 minutes, and the complete procedure often requires several appointments. In at-home treatments, patients wear a mouth guard fitted with bleaching gel 2 hours a day for two weeks, depending on the severity of staining.

Think about getting veneers, which are custom-made shells bonded to the teeth with resins. This procedure often requires removing a small amount of tooth structure and is the most invasive, as well as the most expensive,

I recently discovered that brushing your teeth for longer amounts of time

whitens your teeth you don't need teeth whiteners or any of the such but I do

recommend crest or colgate they are my two favorite brush until you can hear

your teeth squeak as you scrub them brush in the morning and night floss daily

and your good to go! worked for me my teeth are the whitest they've ever been

Hope I Helped!

My best advise is if you have too much coffee, reduce your intake. Also if you smoke, try to reduce smoking. Both of these over time stain your teath.

Also your dentist will be able to whiten your teeth