When will have a fair immigration policy for those who were graduated from the University of Canada?

Could anyone tell us when the Canadian Government will set up a fair immigration policy for those who were graduated from the University of Canada? Because of my husband had studied in Canada over 10 years and he was graduated from one of the University of Canada in 1998. Under the old policy, all students had to leave Canada after graduation only if they can find a job within 2 months. Therefore, he came back home.

In fact, he also made a contribution to the economy of Canada in past ten years. Could the Canadian Government amend the stream of “Canadian Experience Class” which will accept all graduates of University from Canada no matter how long they were graduated? They are also well trained from Canada. Comparison with the immigration policy of Australia and New Zealand, they really take care of their graduates of University as long as they were graduated from them.

Thx a lot.

Update:

I never mentioned that all graduates from the Canadian universities can jump ahead of others trying to migrate to Canada. I really hope the stream of “Canadian Experience Class” can be amended that is not only for the current students but also including all graduates from the Canadian universities no matter how long they were graduated.

The main factor is if your working experience doesn’t under the 38 job list even if you are well trained and you are very familiar with the society and the culture of Canada.

As per the comment, I wonder why the qualification for the 38 job list must have a bachelor degree and I was surprised to find why so many new emigrants would ask where they have to live in Canada. They are totally unfamiliar with Canada actually.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There is now a means of immigrating to Canada, for students who graduate from Canadian universities but this new immigration class was only put into place in 2008.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/index.a...

Experience Class

the rules are stated quite clearly - no way around them

(you can) apply while working in Canada – or – within one year of leaving your job in Canada.

Since your spouse has been out of Canada for more than 5 years, he must apply to immigrate as a skilled worker (or as PNP) if his job is in demand - but his education will certainly help.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/app...

skilled worker

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/...

PNP

HOWEVER - your spouse MUST have a job that is on this list or he and you will NOT be eligible to immigrate

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/app...

Source(s): PR in Canada
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I never mentioned that all graduates from the Canadian universities can jump ahead of others trying to migrate to Canada. I really hope the stream of “Canadian Experience Class” can be amended that is not only for the current students but also including all graduates from the Canadian universities no matter how long they were graduated.

The main factor is if your working experience does not under the 38 job list even if you are well trained and you are very familiar with the society and the culture of Canada, the CIC will not handle your application via the stream of "Skill Worker".

As per the comment, I wonder why the 38 job list must have the qualification of bachelor degree and I was surprised to find why so many new emigrants would ask where they have to live in Canada. They are totally unfamiliar with Canada actually.

• Barb G
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

People who study in Canada come here to receive a degree from one of our institutions. It is not a method used to jump ahead of others trying to immigrate here. I wouldn't expect another country to do this for me, so I am dumbfounded by the right of entitlement that your message conveys.

Immigration to Canada has strict rules in place to protect both Canada and fellow Canadians. Since there are very few jobs for Canadians with University degrees, no country should be allowing the citizens of other countries to grab up the jobs. It's called responsible government.

With his education he received here, he could make a difference in his home country. This is the reason that so many foreign students are granted visas by Canada. Your question has just provided Canadians with the reason for immediate immigration policy change to reduce the amount of immigrants they allow in each year.

• Lisa
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

To find a solution to a problem, first the reason for the problem has to be found. In this case the reason is the profit motive of big companies to find ever cheaper sources of labor. Until that problem is fixed, if ever, cheap labor will migrate where big companies exist and be welcomed with open arms by them. There is a reason that the richest man in the world is Mexican, while the people are desperately poor... bad governing that puts the wealth of a few above the people of Mexico. Those same companies are now, and have been for decades, deserting American shores for cheaper sources of labor overseas. They had no loyalty to America, only to profit. We are now left to deal with a broken society that gets poorer by the minute. Simple "pretend" band-aids like immigration reform are decades too late, to be honest, to solve the problem.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Canada is a sovereign nation and, as such, has every right to decide who may or may not cross its borders and why. We do not owe you any kind of explanation or justification for governmental policies.

btw, there is no "University of Canada"

• 1 decade ago

Wasn't your husband told before he started how it would be?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.