Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificTaiwan · 1 decade ago

Is Taiwan a nice country to visit? Is it possible to stay there cheaply?

I would like to go there I think. Info appreciated very much. Thanks

Favorite Answer

Ya! I loved Taiwan! It is very different and more polluted than I was used to, but the east coast is AWESOME! I recommend working your way through Hualian (花蓮)and the Taroko (sp?) National Park (太魯閣國家公園) and work your way down (train is convenient, easy, and not expensive) to Kenting (墾丁). There is nice snorkeling all around there, but if you want the untouched tropical island beauty - think Hawaii before it got all touristy - I TOTALLY recommend a trip to Lanyu Island (蘭嶼). Snorkeling is awesome and everything is super cheap. However I recommend having someone who speaks Mandarin in your party, not many folks speak English.

As far as expenses are concerned, if you live cheaply and stay in hostels and things like that it will be cheaper. If you stay at nice hotels, it will be expensive.

Yup! Ooh, I hope you do get to go, as it is a really nice place, and the people are nice too. There's also lot's of nice scenery, and the city (night and day) life is also great!

As for the countryside, I've never lived there (I'm from Taipei. XD), but the weather is nice, though it rains a lot. The scenery is really nice.

The only downside to Taiwan would probably be... the mosquitoes, and the humidity. Please keep in mind, that Taiwan IS an island nation, and gets pretty humid (and hot, during the summer) , and so, there are mosquitoes, who seem to like attacking foreign blood, for some strange reason. Also, there can be some odd storms, and on rare occasions (if you're unlucky enough) typhoons. Those problems can be solved easily, by bringing (or buying) some mosquito repellent, and weather forecasts.

Mmmm, living and food expenses are actually quite cheap,(even if you don't know how to bargain, XD-- I sure can't) so you probably don't really need to worry.

Source(s): LOL @看山小's source.... Mine would be the same.

Yes. Taiwan is a very nice country to visit. Bear in mind it IS a foreign country, and some things are done a little differently. If you can handle that, and enjoy interacting with a new and interesting culture, then you'll have a good time here.

The cost is not high, and you can stay here quiet inexpensively if you "live like a local person."

Source(s):

Definitely a great place to visit. Cheaper accommodations if you are a Student with a valid student card Hostels/Good clean safe 3* hotels,Inexpensive local transport by Subway and Bus , great and inexpensive local food.

Road signs, free maps etc all available in English and Chinese.

Budget Airlines from Singapore and Malaysia fly directly to Taipei daily -Check out Jetstar and Air Asia

It's quite a nice place to visit. There's a lot to see and do here, and the interaction with a very different culture provides some memorable experiences.

The other answerers here have provided enough good leads and advice for you to follow.

I hope you come, and enjoy your stay!

Source(s): WNL

Taiwan is indeed a nice country to visit.

For Taiwan Tourism, see http://eng.taiwan.net.tw/

For Visa-Exempt Entry into Taiwan, see http://www.boca.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=1443&ctNode=53...

For budget accommodation & local hospitality, see http://leessuite.blogspot.com/

• roles

AOIJDHFAS;LDJFAKLS OH EMMM GEE!!!~ :DDD Welcome decrease back!~ I visited Japan some months decrease back with my pals Jason and Tamahiro for a music appearing threat(because of our music director). It replaced into in simple terms 3 days nonetheless, maximum of it replaced into spend flying from usa to Japan and reduce back. We went to a collection of shops to purchase mushy toys and garments.