How does music influence teenagers?

How can different genres of music influence teens? Are the artists involved in this? Please say what you think about this. :)

Favorite Answer

Music effects me like this.

if i listen to sad music, its obviously not gonna make me want to get up and dance, it kinda calms me down. it gets me into the mood of the song, and often i feel sad, maybe even cry depending what the song is about.

if im listening to a not sad, but not happy song. i just feel normal. i sing along, maybe add in a dance move or two.

when im listening to an upbeat song, i usually get up and dance, and it usually puts me in a good mood.

that's why i listen to upbeat songs in the morning. it makes me feel like im going to have a good day. (:

In my point of view, teens are very influenced by music. For example, almost all teens are labeled by the genres of music the hear. If a folk hears rock i he's called a rocker.

And of course artists are involved. For example, nowadays there are a lot of girls who like to hear tokyo hotel, and if u look at 2 or 3 of those girls u can see that they wear the exactly same type of clothes.

I think it really depends on the person themselves:

I can listen to a sad song and feel really happy just because I love the song, but if I'm down it might make me cry or want to die.

Artists are more involved in the way we dress. I don't care for what most of them wear, but I see it everywhere I go. More and more people are trying to shock the world and be noticed so they are doing what the artists do since the artists are already being noticed.