Coconut Guy asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

What do you think about my Mock Baseball team? Where can I improve?

C - McCann

1B - Delgado

2B - Utley

3B - Michael Young

SS - Theriot

OF - Ellsbury, Beltran, Rivera, Wells

Util - Hill

SP - Kershaw, Lackey, Billingsley, Happ, Danks

RP - Nathan, Rivera, Franklin

Favorite Answer

Unlike what Cody says, I believe that your starting pitching is your strongest point. Those are 5 very solid starting pitchers and they are all very good strikeout pitchers. Your closers are amazing as well. As far as this team goes, everything looks pretty solid. McCann is a top 3 catcher, Utley is the number 1 2B in baseball, you have two very good outfielders (Ellsbury and Beltran) and two mediocre ones (is that Juan Rivera, by the way?). I would see what I could get for 1B (Delgado has pop, but he's been getting hurt a lot in the recent years) and outfield as well. Hill is a great Util player (if that is Aaron Hill...HUUUUGE year last year). Your team is pretty solid, nonetheless. It is very well rounded.

you can improve by getting rid of wells and ellsbury, since they dont put up great stats consisntly. also your starting pitchers look alittle weak. try and get a strikeout pitcher instead of stamina pitchers, because those kind of pitchers give up lots of homeruns. also delgado is washed up, hes slowing falling stats wise, and is a defensive liability, i would get teixara or someone of his caliber instead.