Deportation from the US?

This is more of an inquiry than a question, but does anyone out there know for what crimes committed by a legal resident of the US (non-citizen) brings in the rule of deportation? This is part of a discussion I am involved in and I ain't to sure of the answer, except for the main one of crimes against children, murder and so on. Anyone out there no what it is or where I can find the list if there is such a thing? Also part of it is also, if one gets incarcerated in a County, State or Federal prison for either a misdemeanor or felony what is the maximum stay is there is one before Deportation is considered? Thanks for any help on this one!

5 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    The CIMT question difficult

    here is one lawyers view ..

  • Fred S
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    Nothing against your question. It's great, but I could lecture for an hour and not fully answer it.

    Generally speaking, an alien can be deported if he is convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude (do a search), a controlled substance violation, or an aggravated felony (do a search).

    Section 237(a)(2) deals with deportability on criminal grounds. Do a search on Immigration & Nationality Act and look at section 237(a).

    Examples of listed aggravated felonies include:

    * a crime of violence for which the term of imprisonment is at least 1 year;

    * a theft offense (including receipt of stolen property) or burglary offense for which the term of imprisonment is at least one year;

    * illicit trafficking in drugs, firearms, destructive devices, or explosive materials;

    * an offense that involves fraud or deceit in which the loss to the victim or victims exceeds $10,000;

    * offenses related to alien smuggling (though some exceptions apply); and

    * murder, rape, or sexual abuse of a minor.

    Sometimes an aggravated felony involves drugs, sometimes it involves moral turpitude, and sometimes it involves neither, but can still be a ground of removal.

  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

    it is a case via case foundation. many cases the guy to be deported enters into an contract to bypass away voluntarily. In those cases the guy is often given a quantity of time to land up his affairs, each so often as much as six months. different cases, whilst an exact order of removing is issued via a choose the guy is right here, in detention, merely long adequate for ICE to make preparations and deliver him on his way.

  • 1 decade ago

    Sorry, but this seems like an authoritative question. you should ask the company that gave your green-card. I believe the maximum stay is varied. Talk to someone in that department if you want professional answers. Sorry if I don't help much.

    Source(s): i'm a whiz kid
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    If you dont pay your taxes and if you commit a felony you will be subject to deportation proceediongs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.