Could you use mondegreen in a sentence?

i have the dictionary.com app thing on my ipod touch .. and the word of the day is mondegreen.

i was just wondering how it could be properly used in a sentence.

Favorite Answer

It's a mishearing - famous in literature - look it up; it's quite funny.

..."Thou hast slain the Earl of Murray

And Lady Mondegreen (This line should be "And laid him on the green")

.

it means to misinterpret or mishearing. It's often referred to in song lyrics because people sometimes think the song says one thing when it's really saying something different.

'The sheep don't like it, rockin' the cat box." (Real lyric: "Shareef don't like it, rock the Casbah," The Clash)

"Desperado, you've been outright offensive, for so long now" (Real lyric: "You've been out riding fences," The Eagles.)

Many songs contain mondegreens.

You sing quite well but I hear a lot of mondegreen.

Hello, i was wondering the same thing aswell. I understand what it means but how do you use it in a sentence?! Reading through the other answers people obviously havent read your question because they are just giving the meaning..lol sorry i don't know the answer but i just had to comment