Do you agree with the Grammy award going to Pretty Wings?

Pretty Wings by Maxwell won best r&b song at last night Grammy's awards. Was that the right choice? Personally, I thought Pretty Wings wasn't even the best song on the album. And I would have given the Grammy to So Beautiful by Musiq. Thoughts?

Favorite Answer

Lyrically? Musiq has it hands down...vocally? Maxwell has it. I think the Academy got roped into the hype of Maxwell's return and awarding him when he had been overlooked for a win in previous years. I would have been happy either way but am selfishly a bit happiere that Maxwell won just because of how amazing he is (taking nothing away from Musiq).

Musiq's "So Beautiful" is a much better song than "Pretty Wings". Even Maxwell's "Bad Habits" is a better song than "Pretty Wings", but the award is for the "Best Male R&B Vocal Performance", not for "Best R&B Song", so the music critics might decided that Maxwell's vocal interpretation was better, though I disagree with that too.

I do understand what your saying.......but I think he shoulda got it for Bad Habits but it didn't go that way. But at the same time I'm very pleased he won a Grammy its been long over do because he just got back into the scene. Maybe this might encourage D'Angelo to step back in too.

I think they made the right choice. I mean Pretty Wings was a very deep song, complex like most of his songs. I really like it and I think the award is where it should be.

kevin, I will change my answer. Pretty wings is a better song with respct to content and subject matter. the music structure is better. the grammy's didn't get it wrong.

• j

happy maxwell won!