Eye Glasses - Making existing lenses frameless?

I purchased my first pair of complete glasses with frames. The frames really hurt the bridge of my nose (plastic frames) even with adjustments. Is is possible or is their a company that can use exisiting lenses and just add arms and a nose piece to make frameless glasses? I dont want to have to spend more money on another complete set.

Favorite Answer

No, sorry....it can't be done like that. You would need new lenses to have a rimless frame. The lenses in a rimless frame don't/can't have a bevel to begin with ...your lenses do.

If the place you got your glasses can't adjust them to fit right, they should replace them with something else no charge.

Source(s): Optician

Are your lens single vision? bifocal? progressives?

your measurements won't line up properly if you try to use your old lens for another frame. Like mention before, the bevel is different, shape won't look as nice and the material might not be acceptable for drilling.

cough up the extra money and get yourself new lens, You do wear your glasses EVERYDAY, and it's the first thing people notice on your face.

He receives the finishedlenses out of envelopes. they are oftentimes glass or plastic or inspite of is needed. He follows the prescription and cuts them to slot the body andsends them out for coating if it truly is needed.