If you are over someone, does it make sense that you'd still try to impress them?

I liked this guy, but I can honestly say that that phase is over with, I don't dislike him, but I really don't like him anymore. If he asked me out, I would say no.

Today I realized that I did something to try and impress him, I don't want him but some part of me still wants him to think of me... Is this normal?

AnsweringMaster- you just assumed I'm an attention whore.. thanks for that, it was really special to read from a complete stranger.... FYI, I don't like attention from everyone, if I did I wouldn't have a reason to ask this question.

Definitely. Happens to me a lot. I mean, out of all the guys I've dated, there are about two that I would still even consider going out with. But out of ALL of them, I still sometimes go out of my way to impress them. I don't know if it's to make them jealous, or what, but I sometimes act a little flirty around them. Maybe to show them why they were wrong to break my heart? Maybe because I want to see if they like me as much as I used to like them? I don't know.

I can't say I'm proud of it, but I see a ton of other people like my friends, doing the same thing with their ex's. It's no big deal (:

It's totally normal. A lot of girls who like a boy for a long time, and then start not to like that boy again, they have this same exact feeling. You'll probably have this feeling where you don't dislike him, but you don't really like him. It won't be long before this feeling goes away, it'll just take sometime, but then this feeling will be gone.

I think it makes sense. Because your over with the guy, its sorta like something unfinished. Like you weren't good enough thats why it didn't happen. you'd get the feeling to DEAL with the problem even if you got over it.

Ya, you like the spotlight. Somebody who only thinks about themselves wants to impress everyone, so that would be you. Its not right, but it is normal. Many people want attention.

Hmm, yeah. That means that you may think that you're over him, but you're actually not COMPLETELY over him. Unless you just like having attention from other people.

Yea its normal. Your subconciense probably wants that person to bealive that they made a bad choice to sepparate.

Maybe, but you probably aren't completely over him, so you want him to thing you're doing great without him.

yes ma'am!! happens to me all the time, i also find myself looking at him to see what he's doing. for me i think that its because i want him to notice me and like me even though im done with him. but it is 100% completley normal.

yea it is no matter how hard u try ur still going to want to impress that person

yes it's totally normal it's like laughing in their face and saying you will never have me again...playing with their emotions because u don't care about them