Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysValentine's Day · 1 decade ago

Valentines Day flower message?

i've been friends with this girl for at least 3 years...but in the past few months i've grown some pretty strong feelings for her since during these past few months i found out that we have so much in common.

now i'm planning on sending her flowers for V-Day but i'm stuck on what to write on the card. i was gonna go with this: To: A incredible friend who is beautiful on both the inside and out.

she always thinks she looks bad even though she doesn't...anyway if anyone can tell me if that good OR how to improve it i would be grateful.

Thanks!!

we're both 18 btw

Favorite Answer

Well to improve what you've got, at least change the "A" to "An" before the word "incredible". You use "an" instead of "a" if the following word begins with a vowel, so it should be "An incredible friend who is beautiful on both the inside and out." You don't want her to be fixated on a grammatical error instead of the kind gesture!

To improve it further, since you are developing feelings for her, you should take out the word "friend" or else she'll think your gift was given out of pure friendship. So replace it with either "woman", "girl", or "person". You might just mean that she's a good friend, and if that's the case, what you want to do is emphasize the bond you two have made through friendship, but be careful with the use of the word "friend". I would add something else to what you have if you want to let her know you value that bond, like, "I'm lucky to have you in my life". You could let her know your feelings by adding something like, "The friendship I've treasured over the years has blossomed into much more". Or make it personal by adding an inside joke as long as it's more 'flirty' than it is 'friendly'.

Good luck!

sounds good, but I hope you don't mind me giving you a little bit of editing. To an amazing and beautiful woman; every moment with you was always precious and perfect. First off I don't really like the word was, so yo can either say "is" or "has been" I would also drop the always here in order for it to sound a little more poetic You being a part of my life brings me never ending smiles to my heart. this is actually one of the most beautiful lines I have ever heard, however it would sound better if you drop the "me" out of it I wish I had more time with you and I wish we were still together today. This line can stay how it is or you can go with this one I wish I had more time with you and that we were together on this special day Even though we could not be together this Valentine’s Day, I believe that in the future we will have many together. I hope you have a great Valentine’s Day! I’m yours.. always. this I have no suggestions for except leave a few lines before you go into your finally. I hope you have a great Valentine’s Day! I’m yours.. always The I'm your always can either be changed to something like forever your, however I wouldn't. I would actually make that statement your signiture statement. In other words whenever you write something to her use that line to end with; this will make it a very special phase in the long run. I hope I did not offend you by doing some editing, but due to a lot of my friends having me proof read these kind of things it's kind of a habit. You do have some beautifull words though; and I have one more suggestion for you (try your hand at poetry; I bet you'd do amazing at it)