what exactly is arthritis?

I do take medications for arthritis but I'm not sure really what it is.The pain is in the hips,hands,legs.

I have had a bone dencity test taken and I'm fine.I just want to know what arthritis is.

Favorite Answer

Arthritis (from Greek arthro-, joint + -itis, inflammation; plural: arthritides) is a group of conditions involving damage to the joints of the body.

There are over 100 different forms of arthritis[1]. The most common form, osteoarthritis (degenerative joint disease) is a result of trauma to the joint, infection of the joint, or age. Other arthritis forms are rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and autoimmune diseases in which the body attacks itself. Septic arthritis is caused by joint infection.

The major complain by individuals who have arthritis is pain. Pain is often a constant and daily feature of the disease. The pain may be localized to the back, neck, hip, knee or feet. The pain from arthritis occurs due to inflammation that occurs around the joint, damage to the joint from disease, daily wear and tear of joint, muscles strains caused by forceful movements against stiff, painful joints and fatigue. The most important factor in treatment is to understand the disorder and find ways to overcome the obstacles which prevent physical exercise.

I have had it in my fingers for many years.. and the winters are very bad for me.. makes them ache more.. get on meds asap.. don't wait.. good luck..

Imagine for a moment your arthritis completely vanishing right now.

If, in a moment, your pain and stiffness melted away. And your joints all of a sudden functioned like a well-oiled machine.

Like a magic wand was waived, you'd be able to jump up from your chair and run around the room like a kid.

And imagine that you'd never have to suffer as much as a pinch of arthritis stiffness or pain ever again.

I know this sounds impossible right now, but bear with me, because sometimes miracles happen.

It was a gift from a woman on the other side of the world. From the kindness of her heart, she took pity on my suffering and taught me how to completely reverse my arthritis.

Today, I want to do the same for you!

Arthritis is a degenerative bone disease. It sucks, I've had it since I was two years old.

It's caused by lots of things, there are around a hundred different types, the most common (I think) is Osteoarthritis, but there are things like juvenile and rheumatoid. Equally as annoying/painful, juvenile is handy because it calms down as your body matures.

Your joints start to wear down, and it causes inflammation, and through the inflammation, pain, and stiff joints.

Good luck, hope you don't need anywhere near as many operations as I've had :P. You can deal with most forms with drugs, I just had an extreme form.

There are various forms of Arthritis, although all forms are influenced by damage to the joints. Arthritis is sometimes an infection of the joints. People diagnosed with this condition usually experience some sort of pain in the area of their body which the joints have been damaged.

It is an autoimmune diseases that affects your joints. Causes pain in your joints and can lead to deformity in your hands, fingers, feet etc. It is best to get inflammatory medication as soon as possible to prevent disease from progressing.

Source(s): Have been living with RA for 6 years.

it is just pain in bones and ligaments. Fatal arthritis may lead to total paralysis. Well.. hope that you will get well soon ^_^