Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

does anyone know anything about the drug called seroquel,?

does it have very bad side effect's or should I stay away from it. I have only been taken it for 4 days, I don't know if it's the drug or just me, but I feel worse. Will it help my depression in the long run?

P.S. I forgot to put, it is seroquel XR, 50 mg. to start. I am 54 yr's old. Should I be having any side effects now. The dr. told me it would take up tp 2 weeks to kick in, but i think it's kicking in now, but not sure. I'm getting angry for nothing.

Favorite Answer

What is Seroquel?

Seroquel is an antipsychotic medication. It works by changing the actions of chemicals in the brain.

Seroquel is used to treat schizophrenia in adults and children who are at least 13 years old. It is used to treat bipolar disorder (manic depression) in adults and children who are at least 10 years old.

Seroquel is also used together with antidepressant medications to treat major depressive disorder in adults.

Extended-release quetiapine (Seroquel XR) is for use only in adults and should not given to anyone younger than 18 years old.

Seroquel may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.

Important information about Seroquel

Seroquel is not for use in psychotic conditions related to dementia. Seroquel may cause heart failure, sudden death, or pneumonia in older adults with dementia-related conditions. Stop using Seroquel and call your doctor at once if you have the following symptoms: fever, stiff muscles, confusion, sweating, fast or uneven heartbeats, uncontrolled muscle movements, symptoms that come on suddenly such as numbness or weakness, severe headache, and problems with vision, speech, or balance.

You may have thoughts about suicide when you first start taking an antidepressant, especially if you are younger than 24 years old. Your doctor will need to check you at regular visits for at least the first 12 weeks of treatment.

Call your doctor at once if you have any new or worsening symptoms such as: mood or behavior changes, anxiety, panic attacks, trouble sleeping, or if you feel impulsive, irritable, agitated, hostile, aggressive, restless, hyperactive (mentally or physically), more depressed, or have thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself.

Before taking Seroquel

Seroquel is not for use in psychotic conditions that are related to dementia. Seroquel may cause heart failure, sudden death, or pneumonia in older adults with dementia-related conditions.

If you have any of these other conditions, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely take Seroquel:

liver or kidney disease;

heart disease, high blood pressure, heart rhythm problems;

a history of heart attack or stroke;

a history of low white blood cell (WBC) counts;

a thyroid disorder;

seizures or epilepsy;

high cholesterol or triglycerides;

a personal or family history of diabetes; or

trouble swallowing.

Seroquel may cause you to have high blood sugar (hyperglycemia). Talk to your doctor if you have any signs of hyperglycemia such as increased thirst or urination, excessive hunger, or weakness. If you are diabetic, check your blood sugar levels on a regular basis while you are taking Seroquel.

You may have thoughts about suicide when you first start taking an antidepressant, especially if you are younger than 24 years old. Tell your doctor if you have worsening symptoms of depression or suicidal thoughts during the first several weeks of treatment, or whenever your dose is changed.

Your family or other caregivers should also be alert to changes in your mood or symptoms. Your doctor will need to check you at regular visits for at least the first 12 weeks of treatment.

FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether Seroquel is harmful to an unborn baby. Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment. It is not known whether quetiapine passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use Seroquel without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.

See also: Pregnancy and breastfeeding warnings in more detail

(((((Do not give Seroquel to a child without a doctor's advice. Seroquel XR is for use only in adults and should not given to anyone younger than 18 years old.)))))

http://www.drugs.com/seroquel.html

My friend Rose was about 50 when she first came upon a new natural kidney healing program. Her life had been devastated, literally ruined with stage 4 kidney disease. She had no life, no job because she was too sick to work, not enough energy to see her friends and sat around most of the time watching TV. She basically was waiting around for kidney failure and to start dialysis. She is much better now. She followed a natural method with great results. Visit this site if you want to know more http://kidneydisease.toptips.org/

Bye Bye

We often see hypothyroid symptoms totally reversed when commits to a plan that supports balance through nutrition and daily self-care. Learn here https://tr.im/uF8ly

Consume foods naturally high in B vitamins, such as whole grains, nuts, and seeds, and iodine (fish, seaweed, vegetables and root vegetables).

Exercise daily, at least 30–60 minutes per day, 4–5 times a week.

Practice deep breathing and other techniques that trigger the “relaxation response” – such as meditation and guided visualization.

I have tried seroquel before myself and it made me feel even worse than I actually was. You take it to sleep or for depression, but if you don't feel right, then tell your doctor that it isn't doing the trick for you.

Source(s): myself

1

Source(s): Kidney Treatments http://teres.info/KidneyHealth/?66qR