So we worry about stolen Social Security ID numbers? stolen identities? etc? But how many federal employees?

~~~~~~~~~

have access to our social security numbers? How are we assured that our social security numbers are protected given the number of Federal Trade Commission government workers, some of whom could be as guilty as the "professionals"?

• Tony Z
    Favorite Answer

that is one of the reasons that I am adamantly opposed to a National ID card.

But private companies are just as capable of abusing access to private information as well.

• meg

My stock broker, my heath insurance company, my employer, and my bank also has my social security number and until a few yeas ago it was used as my drivers license number so every time I showed a picture ID I revealed my SS number. I think that it is not possible to protect it.

• grob

So does your employer, and health care provider, and credit reporting agency, and utility company, and bank, and credit card company....