ally asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Is the movie "Valentines Day" appropriate for 11 and 12 year old girls?

Is the movie "Valentines Day" appropriate for 11 and 12 year old girls? My daughter is 11 and a half and her friend just turned 12 and was wondering if this is ok for them to see? They are absolutely in love with Taylor Swift and would hate to say "No" they cant see it b/c its not appropriate. My daughter is a little more sheltered than her friends....they are allowed to watch Desperate housewives, greys anatomy and I dont let mine yet b/c i find it abit to raunchy. Im just trying to keep her innocent as long as I can. Anyways What do you think about this movie? I want to be fair.......I dont want her sneaking around b/c Im unfair. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

There are several sexual references and jokes in the movie, such as "My closest relationship is with my BlackBerry... Thank God it vibrates!", numerous scenes where Anne Hathaway engages in phone sex, among other scenes pertaining to sex or which have sexual content. But, there are no actual sex scenes. So, it really depends on how "innocent" you intend on keeping your daughter. The movie has many cute moments and is full of Valentine's Day fun; a humourous movie that I think she would enjoy, especially if she is a Taylor Swift fan (although she has only about 5 minutes of divided screen time).

I think the movie would be appropriate, as long as you are not intent on keeping her too sheltered. The movie is aimed at those 13 and up.

I hope this helps!

I can totally understand your situation. I absolutely LOVE Taylor Swift. I saw the movie and it had some things even my 16 year old cousin was surprised to hear or see. Taylor has a few small parts in the movie, that's it. Most of the movie is about other people. They have some things that I felt weird hearing, and things that I didn't really understand. I would say not to take her. If you want to learn more about the things in it, I'm sure you can look up anything about it. It's rated PG-13 for a reason, but it all comes down to your dession. Good Luck!

• The first answer is 100% wrong. It's rated PG13 so it's aimed for audiences 13 and up. But i'd say that your girls are both preteens or close to being one. It's only a 1 and 2 year difference, and there is no sex scenes. I'd say it okay for her to see it.

@ FIRST ANSWER: 20 and up? Really?

• Kate

I think it'd be fine. I'm 12 and 3/4 years old, and me and my friends are going to see it later.

Yes. There are no sex scenes and it is a good movie. There is actually a younger boy and he has a crush on his teacher and she deals with it nicely. My daughter and I saw it yesterday.

No. It's aimed at 20+ girls.

No.it isnt that they cant watch.

Not much restricted movie it is.

Watch it at home for free

http://oldcitygang.com/vd2010

• Liam

Not really, but there's no problem letting her watch it. It wouldn't really affect her much.