? asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 1 decade ago

Could I have gotten my Warts from a public toilet? Need suggestions too!?

I am a male, and I was told I have perianal warts and I had gone to 2 different doctors (one at a place called urgent care and 5 days later to the emergency room) because I was bleeding from my anus. Neither doctor saw anything or felt anything on the inside when they check to find out what was causing the problems and they both told me it was fissures. (While at the emergency room I did go to the bathroom and took a number 2 while I was there TMI I know but I gotta explain everything.)

I finally decided to get me a normal doctor and 2 weeks later I went to go see him and he didn't even have to put his finger inside my anus to see that I had warts on the outside of it. 2 weeks later I go to a specialist and I find out there are some on the inside when he does a colonoscopy.

Is it possible that I got them from the toilet at the emergency room? It makes more since to me seeing as I was showing no signs of Warts 2 weeks prior but I don't know. And if so is it possible that this isn't the HPV strain 6 or 11 that is the cause of the common genital warts but the HPV strains 1-3?

Also I wanna add that I have had them surgically removed once and not even a month later they come back and my specialist would not prescribe me with Imiquimod (Aldara) and so I'm wanting to get a second opinion but I'm still waiting to see another specialist and it feels like my doctors won't listen to me or do anything about it and my physician keeps telling me I could possible get cancer. Please help me. I feel so confused and lost and the physician nor the specialist seem to understand that this isn't their body dealing with this and I don't wanna deal with it anymore I want it done and over with and the HPV virus suppressed so I can go on with my life. Please tell me what I should do and what you think of the previous question too.

BTW I'm gay. And the last time I had a wart was 2 years ago and it was a common wart and I did not put it anywhere near my anus. I have read that HPV (the virus that causes genital warts) can spread through open wounds so before you think it's not possible for it to be spread on a toilet seat think about that fact. Also I might add there are many STD's you can get from a toilet such as crabs just by sitting on a toilet seat why do you think some public bathrooms have toilet seat covers in them or why a lot of people prefer to use their own toilets instead of public ones? The reason: YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU CAN GET FROM A TOILET SEAT!

I need to clear this up. I was told by my physician that the warts I have could possibly cause cancer.

• Kiara
    Favorite Answer

Human papillomavirus (or HPV for short) is a group of over 100 different types of viruses. They can cause several different diseases, depending on the specific type of HPV, as well as where the infection occurs. Some diseases that HPV can cause include warts (including genital warts), precancerous changes, and cancer.

HPV is typically transmitted through direct skin-to-skin contact. The virus may also spread by touching something that has been contaminated with the virus and then touching the skin, although how often this occurs, if at all, is not known. Transmission most often occurs from another person. It is possible for a person to infect themselves, although this is thought to be a rare method of transmission.

Though there is no hard proof that genital warts can be transferred from fomites—objects that carry viral diseases from one person to another—it is still good practice not to deliberately use a towel or other personal item that may have come in contact with genital warts.

1

Source(s): Warts Removal Solutions http://renditl.info/WartsRemovalSolution

I'm a bit confused about your question. Are you asking if you got anal warts from a public toilet or if you should pursue getting some kind of medicine that could give you cancer?

For the first one, I don't know too much about butt warts, but it sounds like something you'd be more likely to get from butt sex rather than sitting on the john. That said, if you got some dirty toilet water splashed on your bung hole or rubbed your anus on the toilet seat I suppose it could happen.

For the other, cancer is pretty freakin' tough. I've never had butt warts or cancer, but I know many people who have had/have cancer and it's no joke. You should probably evaluate which would have more of a negative impact on your life - anal warts or cancer.

Most people get herpes by having sex or direct skin to skin contact with someone who is has cold sores or blisters present. When the sores are present, it means that herpes simplex virus is active. Sometimes a person can have a herpes outbreak and have no visible sores at all. People usually get herpes by having sexual contact with others who don’t know they are infected or who are having outbreaks of herpes without any sores. A person with genital herpes also can infect a sexual partner during oral sex. The virus is usually not spread by touching objects such as a toilet seat or hot tub.

Herpes is not spread through the air. It is spread by direct contact to the site of infection. If you have a cold sore and you kiss someone, you will transfer the virus to their mouth. If you have a cold sore and you have anal or vaginal intercourse, you will give your partner genital herpes.

If you are infected by herpes simplex virus 1 and/or herpes simplex virus 2, you will probably have symptoms or outbreaks again. The herpes virus never dies. It merely falls asleep (dormant) like "Sleeping Beauty", Waiting to wake up under the right stimulation. When the virus is no longer active, it travels to the nerves at the end of the spine and stays there for a while. In some people, the virus can become active several times a year. This is called a recurrence. When the virus becomes active again, it travels along the nerves to the skin and makes more viruses near the site of the very first infection. The site of the virus is where new sores usually will appear. Herpes outbreaks are not predictable.

If you experience an outbreak of herpes, avoid touching the sores. You get the virus on your hands and may transmit it to other parts of your body. Oral herpes is easily transmitted through skin-to-skin contact so if you are experiencing an outbreak, avoid kissing others and sharing utensils.

The best decision to prevent herpes outbreak and make the disease more manageable is to undergo regular std testing. With this, you can be assured of a longer life.

Generally, STDs are not passed by coming in contact with a toilet seat. Most STDs are only transmitted during sexual contact, either by skin-to-skin contact or through body fluid exchange.

HPV is passed on through genital contact –most often during vaginal and anal sex. Since HPV usually causes no symptoms, most men and women can get HPV – and pass it on - without realizing it. People can have HPV even if years have passed since they had sex.

It's POSSIBLE that you got them from a toilet seat, just not PROBABLE.

The types of HPV that can cause genital warts are not the same as the types that can cause penile or anal cancer.Anal cancer is not the same as colorectal cancer. Colorectal cancer is more common than anal cancer, but it is not caused by HPV.

There is no treatment or cure for HPV. But there are ways to treat the health problems caused by HPV in men.

Genital warts can be treated with medicine, removed (surgery), or frozen off. Some of these treatments involve a visit to the doctor. Others can be done at home by the patient himself. No one treatment is better than another. But warts often come back within a few months after treatment—so several treatments may be needed. Treating genital warts may not necessarily lower a man’s chances of passing HPV on to his sex partner. Because of this, some men choose not to treat genital warts. If they are not treated, genital warts may go away on their own, stay the same, or grow (in size or number). They will not turn into cancer or threaten your health.

no you can't get warts or anything from a public toilet. Warts sometimes never show signs. EVER. You could have gotten ANY time during sex. or a ******** from someone who had warts on their mouth.

• CB

For sure there is no way you got it from the toilet. If you haven't had any kind of sexual thing going on with your anus, no finger or toys or anal intercourse... then the conclusion must be that you were molested as a child and don't recall it. You could have spread it to your anus if you had it on your fingers and explored back there. Or if someone (even a female) used her fingers in that area after touching an infected area of herself. But public toilet.. no way.

In health class my teacher said probably not and if it is possible it's very unlikely. But those things are gross!! Don't sit on public toilets!! "hover right above them" lol

2

Source(s): Herpes Remedies http://enle.info/HerpesFreeForever/?ZdVp