Lots of people under streess as they never experienced before; but is this just a preview of things to come?

By JIM VERTUNO, Associated Press Writer Jim Vertuno, Associated Press Writer

AUSTIN, Texas – A software engineer furious with the Internal Revenue Service launched a suicide attack on the agency Thursday by crashing his small plane into an office building containing nearly 200 IRS employees, setting off a raging fire that sent workers fleeing for their lives. At least one person in the building was missing.

A federal law official identified the pilot as Joseph Stack and said investigators were looking at a long anti-government screed and farewell note that he apparently posted on the Web earlier in the day as an explanation for what he was about to do.

In it, the author cited run-ins he had with the IRS and ranted about the tax agency, government bailouts and corporate America's "thugs and plunderers."

"I have had all I can stand," he wrote in the note, dated Thursday, adding: "I choose not to keep looking over my shoulder at `big brother' while he strips my carcass."

Was this man just mad at the IRS? or mad becasue of bailouts?

Too bad...I just hope there won't be any coopycats.

Favorite Answer

Like I said months ago. People start waking up to what is going on when they are hit in the pocket book. This guy really had a mental problem though. Too bad he did not seek help. People do desperate things when they lose everything they have. Not everyone, but some. As the economy continues down, as our government is in a spending spree and with Washington keeping its distance from the people and not working for them, I see more of these kinds of things happening, unfortunately.

People will do desperate things when losing everything they have in the economic downturn, have a President who only wants to raise taxes even more and faces an IRS under pressure to garner every bit of income that can be found for the government.

News article today indicates that more and more returns are being audited .............. probably to prevent as much as possible people getting refunds or limiting refunds.

• well for many Americans what Joe Stack did is unacceptable

but unfortunately to many Americans share the same problems

for sure something must be done because Americans can't keep going in this way

I personally believe that is not just a US problem but is a global issue

and since I did my homework I'm pretty sure soon or later we will face a world war

like someone say we just need someone to take a wrong action in the wrong time .!!!!

Not paying taxes will lead to stress... that is a fact.

It ain't like the guy was poverty stricken.

He had a $200,000+ house and a freakin airplane.

If you're suggesting a Jim Jones type collective action among Teabaggers, I wouldn't hold my breath.

It's not new. It's Timmy McVeigh without the expensive trial.