The best beach on the Gulf of Mexico?

Hi there i am planing go for vacation in the beginning of March with my kids to Florida, I want to no which is the best beach in the Gulf of Mexico near to Orlando, since with are coming for up north driving (Ontario Canada), I looking something similar to Naple but i don't want to go to far south. Thank you

Something calm, since all kids are little one :)

Favorite Answer

Well if you want to remain close to Orlando but be on the gulf then your best bet is St. Pete/Clearwater area. Clearwater beach is nice with concession stands and other activities. I personally prefer Ft.De Soto in South Pinellas county. Its a state park that with a cool fort, concession stand and kayak/Bike rentals. It was a named Americas Best Beach in 2005 and rightly deserves the title.

Source(s): St.pete resident

I've lived in Florida for 20+ years any have been to several beaches on the Gulf Coast. My favorite by far is Siesta Key, near Sarasota. It has the prettiest blue, clear water and perfect sand. They also have volleyball courts and charcoal grills.

• AGM

The Siesta Key Beach

• hoggan

The Gulf of Mexico has extra helpful seashores than the Atlantic. bypass extra south between St. Petersburg and Clearwater, the sand is tender white and sparkling, and the water is emerald eco-friendly. The sand on the Atlantic area is grainy and usually grimy as a results of occasion cities attracting maximum of people in the course of spring wreck and the summer season. i like the Atlantic between Maine and Virginia, yet for the terrific seashores the Gulf is terrific hands down in my view. Have a relaxing summer season!

I read about Siesta Key Beach. It is one of the Top 10 beaches in Florida. The sand is so white it reflects all the sunlight and never gets hot. It is just south of Tampa — Sarasota to be exact.

http://www.siestakeychamber.com/beaches.php?id_cat...

Fort De Soto is awesome and so is Clearwater Beach and its about 1 hr away from orlando!