Microsoft Access Formulas/Functions?

I am relatively new to working with access, I understand much of the basics but am having a hard time finding the correct function to do what I need. This is a "can be promoted" sort of thing, and it is dependent on the field before it. Basically I want to add 3 years to the field before. Is there a function that will help with this? I've spent a lot of time searching for access functions and formulas but I can't seem to find the one that will fit. Thank you!

Best Answer

Sounds like an update query is required. You can do this yourself using the query design window. The query below adds 3 to myfield1 where myfield2 is a logical field set to Yes.

UPDATE testtable SET testtable.myfield1 = [myfield1]+3

WHERE ((testtable.myfield2)=Yes);

Sorry if I have misunderstood your question.

• morein

Are they a similar version? in distinctive words, is the only on your pc the region of work expert academic 2010 version? if so, yep, the product key will artwork. If it somewhat is a distinctive version, nope, it won't artwork.