Bronz Kratliss asked in SportsOlympics · 1 decade ago

How many people that watched the game, actually saw the celebration live?

You know which celebration I'm talking about.

• Mr.B
    Favorite Answer

My understanding was that the fans had all left the building and they just wanted to go out on the ice to savour it. Those who have to work during the Olympics were still there - GM Place staff, reporters, TV crews, etc.

One of the reporters (from AP) saw it and ran to the IOC to tattle on them and create a story for him or herself. (Mission accomplished)

The ladies were wrong to give beer to someone who is underage (even is she is legal in Alberta), but this is the kind of thing that could have been dealt with internally. Unfortunately, in the era of TMZ and 24/7 news desperate to make "scandals" it starts to get blown a little out of proprortion.

It was a mistake, no doubt, but a relatively small one. They'll learn a lesson and we can all move on.

• knh959

Nobody. The "celebration" took place after GM place had empties of all fans. The "celebration' was not shown on TV. A few workers still in the building saw them and obviously some press photogrpahers saw fit to take still photos.

IMHO. No big deal. Let it go.

• 42

It didn't happen until about an hour after the game. I don't even think it got on TV.

Their mistake was either (1) not going to the dressing room to do it or (2) not waiting until all the reporters and cameras were gone.

• From what I gather it was the reporter that actually asked them to leave the dressing room for more pics on the ice.

And no...i didn't see it happen live.

Nobody as it wasn't on tv. It was like an hour after the game.

• scrgrl

I watched the game and didn't see it at all. Just heard about it. Too bad their victory has been marred with this. I'm from the U.S. and it makes me sick that they have to go through this.