Why do people oppose informing young people about safe sex?

First off: I'm 15 and I'm a virgin. But reading this website, and seeing all these people around my age or even in university asking why did I get pregnant? or why won't she have an abortion? or why won't they have sex?, is making even me kind of sad that there are girls like me out there who... show more First off: I'm 15 and I'm a virgin.

But reading this website, and seeing all these people around my age or even in university asking why did I get pregnant? or why won't she have an abortion? or why won't they have sex?, is making even me kind of sad that there are girls like me out there who haven't learned much.
It should be common knowledge that before you have sex you need to talk to the person it's with, make a plan if someone gets pregnant, discuss birth control and std protection, and encourage each other to get tested.
Not doing this is a huge health risk and puts you in danger.
Many teenagers will have sex whether or not they know this.

So why do people oppose teaching young people these things? Isn't it basic safety? :/