Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 1 decade ago

Writing a Letter - How to use Bc: and Cc:?

I am writing two letters.

One is a letter of refusal and one is a letter of congratulations.

In both letters, I need to include Bc and C: or Cc:

I don't know where exactly these two belong and who I would forward it too.

In one of my letters, I am a Program Coordinator, and in another i am a Dean.

Who's name would i put for Bc: (job title?) or C or Cc?

Thanks!

• Ally
    Favorite Answer

Cc stands for carbon copy, from the old days before computers when secretaries would type a letter on two sheets of paper with a sheet of carbon paper in between so that whatever got typed on the the top sheet of paper got copied on the bottom sheet.

Bc stands for blind copy. I've also used Bcc for blind carbon copy.

You use cc for the copy you want to send to someone other than the addressee to let them know the letter went out. It appears at the bottom of the letter where it will be visible to the addressee.

You use bc for the copy you want to send to someone other than the addressee without the addressee knowing. It goes on another sheet of paper so that it is not visible to the addressee.

Hope that helps.

• horam

Cc On A Letter

I trust the 1st poster; that is not any longer some thing that would properly be completed anonymously. in case you experience that retribution will happen by fact of your criticism, you may increase the placement to the home proprietor. many times, the owner will desire to renowned that they are paying workers who're offering unsatisfactory service. in case you will possibly desire to attempt writing some thing anonymously first, in hopes that it will on the spot ameliorations, yet devoid of having to increase it, attempt some thing alongside those lines: "Your habit, as an house supervisor, has been unacceptable. Swearing and yelling at tenants is beside the point. Having a upkeep guy that would not carry on with up with mandatory upkeep is a waste of factors. interior the destiny, please handle the tenants with comprehend, averting beside the point language and yelling. Please ensure that all and sundry upkeep is executed swiftly. word that i'm scripting this letter of criticism as a ordinary step, in hopes of averting criminal action and notification of the home complicated proprietors." better of luck! ~Kyanna