Why do Muslims have separate Mosques for women and men?

I actually visited a Mosque last week. It was an interesting experience. But I was apprehensive about asking too many questions.

Why do the women worship separately from the men folk?

• askme
    Best Answer

I was wondering why none of answerer's thought that men and women sitting separately is oppressing the men, and making the men unequal?The way people think really amazes me - it's always the women being oppressed by sitting separate from the men, but not the men by sitting separately from women.

When you are in a Mosque, you are there to worship God, not to really care that the women are not sitting next to you, so does it really matter? But to answer your question, it is to avoid distraction of any sort from the main purpose of being there, worshipping God. Men will not be distracted by the women, and the women will not be distracted in any ways by the men, fair and equal!

Also consider the positions we pray in, bowing down, prostrating, etc... Therefore it's best to be separate! I certainly feel more comfortable being away from the men whilst praying, and I am not unequal or oppressed!

I visited a Mosque yesterday. The men and women sit on separate sides of the Mosque, I believe not to cause a distraction to each other. As for the women not being equal, that may be a part of it. I am not Muslim so I'm not sure. I will say that I felt like a Queen from the moment I parked my car. A brother was outside for the sole purpose of escorting the ladies into the building. When I left another brother IMMEDIATELY took on the responsibility of escorting me to my car...opening and closing doors the whole nine yards. I have never encountered a Muslim brother who did not treat me with the utmost respect. In my opinion they are men who truly believe it is their job to provide and protect, not only for their women, but their community. The way I see it, if a man is on his J O B, I don't need or even want to be "equal". I will be happy to be a help meet to him.

Muslims are not the only faith or sect to have separation during

worship.

This is to help keep the person's focus where it belongs,

on God alone during congregation for worship.

There is no oppression in the practice of this principle.

thanks for the Q : )

Tradition and men love to look at women so it is easier when separate ever been to a church and checked out the women of course you have we all do

Assalam-o-alaikum

I am going 2 tell about Islam, Islam Does not give the permission to pray with woman,Bcoz Now a days Envoirment is being so our Allah knows about it thats way Allah does not give the permission,

Well u will pray with woman so u will see woman in pray Bcoz ur mind will be go there and Pray is communication with Allah so u should pray Everyday,

Thanks,regards

To be frank, its for the men not to be concentrated on the women and vice versa.

PEACE

IF you have seen us Praying /. Muslim Prayer has different Positions which would definitely coz both the sexes to disturb one another..

• Tim A.

It makes it easier to oppress. That's what religions do.

because use to women will go to muslim churches and cheat on they husbands. so that is why they separate to prevent cheating and adultery

because women are not consider equals but they are considered a distraction