Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

do i have the right to be PISSED HERE...please muslims?

i am watching this lecture currently and the speaker quotes a hadith about coming to the masjid ...he says

" a blind man , who had no guide was far from the masjid and in the way had wild animals... was asked to come to the masjid by prophet mohammed pbuh

i mean subhanallah this man was asked or lets say commanded to come to the masjid by prophet mohammed pbuh

now my anger is on a 2 Muslim brothers who live LESS THAN A MINUTE FROM THE MASJID...i mean if there were no street lights or cars....30 SECONDS MAY BE...( they 17 + in age and have no problems )

they don't come to masjid...not that they are not practicing....but don't....do i have the right to smack these guys...like seriously...isn't that boiling your blood...

some people live far from the masjid and want to come but these guys....wow

any advice

btw here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_lK_YJ9QBk

Youtube thumbnail

Update:

should i be harsh on them or polite...cuz i am ganna kill them most likely

Update 2:

elda

you must have heard that he prophet mohammed pbuh wanted to burn the houses of men who did not pray in jama......

Update 3:

btw....muslim 4 life

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Moops
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu,

Yes, this is odd indeed. If these brothers were practicing Muslims, surely they would be going to masjid at least for Friday prayer?

Abu Hurairah ra said that Rasulullah saw said : "Beware ofsuspicion, for suspicion is the greatest falsehood. Do not try to find fault with each other, do not spy on one another, do not vie with one another, do not envy one another, do not be angry with one another, do not turn away from one another, and be servants of Allah, brothers to one another, as you have been enjoined. A Muslim is the brother of a muslim, he does him no wrong, nor does he let him down, nor does he despise him. Fear of God is here, fear of God is here, and he pointed to his chest. It is evil enough that a Muslim should look down on his brother. For every muslim is sacred to one another : his blood, his honour, and his property. Allah does not look at your bodies or your forms, or your deeds, but He looks at your hearts". ( Bukhari, Muslim )

Ibn Umar ra narrated Rasulullah saw said : "O you who declare Islam with your tongues but whose hearts have not been reached by faith, do not annoy the Muslims nor seek out their faults, for he who seeks out the faults of his brother Muslim will have his faults sought out by Allah, and when Allah seeks out someone's faults, He exposes them, even though he should be in the interior of his house." ( Bukhari, Muslim )

You care for these brothers and this something very small that they can be doing to increase their iman. Maybe next time you go to the masjid you can stop by their house and offer to walk with them? Instead of approaching like, "rawr rawr rawr you SHOULD BE DOING THIS ASTAGFIRULLAH!" try doing so in a manner that isn't accusatory. Don't give up. If they don't go that friday, try again the friday after. And then the friday after that. Insha'Allah eventually they will go with you. Just remember though that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. In the end it is their decision to go or not go, but at least you will know that you did what you could to influence good on your brothers. =)

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Assalaamu Alaikum brother,

Mashaa'Allah its good to see you knowing the importance of going to masjids, Alhamduillah.

And it is natural that a muslim feels annoyed or becomes mad seeing, a sin being committed or at the state of negligent muslims. But you must pause and think for a while before letting your anger get the better of you. In Islam it is our duty to explain to these brothers, that going to masjid is obligatory, and you should warn them about it. With that, our duty comes to an end, their deeds are for them, and yours for you ;) So Insha'Allah please be patient, advise them in the best possible way there is, and do dua for their guidance, that's all we can do. May Allah(swt) help you, ameen.

• Lv 6
    1 decade ago

If you are going to advise do so in a good manner, there is no point in wanting to smack, them. Allah ((Azzawajaal)) knows best to why they do not come to the masjid to pray in congregation.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is their choice to not come to masjid for whatever reason they have. You cannot force your religion on people.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Muslim
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Messenger Muhammad would never have commanded anybody to come to a Masjid as He only used a building for gathering (not salat) and only on Friday. You can not perform salat properly in congregation as the Quran clearly tells us.

Become a muslim and study the Quran instead of following the disbelievers rituals

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can't control someone else's actions. Jihad : you can talk to them about the right thing to do (masha'Allah), but you can't force them. People make their own choices-whether you accept them for their actions afterward is up to you! This holds true for every religion, every culture.

Source(s): studied Islam
  • No you don't because it isn't any of your business what they do. You have no right to force your religious beliefs on another person

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No you don't have the right to be pissed. It's none of your business. Get over it

• As salam you can explain them

first prophet Mohammad(P.B.U.H) said thet man to not come to the mosque as he was blind

then Allah(S.W.T) sent a message to prophet Mohammad(P.B.U.H) saying "dont stop that blind man from visiting mosque for salah,sometimes because of such pious people the salah of all people in mosque will be accepted"

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

there is no compulsion in religion, so u need to chill out. weirdo.

@asker: wth?? that is just another lie against the prophet(pubh&hh). it is Allah's(swt) role to punish those who do not pray. my merciful and peaceful prophet(pbuh&hh) would not do such thing, maybe yours would.

Source(s): shia 4 life
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.