diavik mining jobs, heavy equipment operator Canada?

looking for heavy equipment operator jobs at diaviks diamond mine, N.W.T. Canada

Favorite Answer

oops...this accidentally was posted in the Chicago, Il section. Perhaps, you'll have better luck in the Canada section. Good Luck

I think mandatory and random drug screening should be in every workplace, period. I personally have been hurt on the job because a person who was operating an electric pallet jack wasnt paying attention correctly, and ended up pinning me up against the pallet he was moving and the wall. That hurt very badly, and I could have been seriously injured. Luckily I was just sore and bruised like I just took a beating, but I was still able to work. The reason the guy wasnt paying attention correctly was because he was under the influence of weed and alcohol. Now if you are talking about what they do in their own spare time and they always come to work sober as a nun, then hey I say its your own life and you should be able to do what you want in the privacy of your own home. However the reason they hold drug screenings is because the statistic goes that a person who uses drugs, even if they have never used them outside of their home, will eventually give in to their habit while working, and when that happens, bad things happen to other people. For the same reason that if you wanted to be a police officer or an agent for the government, that kind of work, they do an extensive background check on you and your family. If you have or have had bad credit, bankruptcy and stuff like that, you can be denied because they may feel that you might give in to an urge of taking money or bribs. If your family has a past of sexual abuse, you can be denied because you could end up either abusing someone sexually because you are given "power", or you might get caught up in the pain you went through as a child and kill someone when you should be arresting them. The list pretty much goes on, but I am sure you get my point.

Diavik Jobs