Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOlympics · 1 decade ago

Who watched the Olympic closing ceremonies?

If so, what did you think?

Favorite Answer

Shesshhh...if you are a Canadian and are embarrassed....you are not a true Canadian.

It was very clever and showed the world that Canadians are strong and can take what people say about us with a grain of salt.

The producers of the shows are Australian, just so you know. David Atkins has done most of the opening/closing ceremonies for the last 10 years and he does a fantastic job of producing something that has so many regulations/restrictions and rules (according to the IOC) (IE. The singing of the Olympic Anthem, Greece National Anthem, handing over the flame etc etc)

I was luck to be a part of both ceremonies and loved every minute of it. They cast was amazing! We all worked super hard and I feel it went over very well. The crowd was super excited and loved the show, the crowd was enthusiastic and a big part of the show.

What a legacy and something to be very proud of. Don't be embarrassed, and if you are you are far to concerned about what other people think and that should be embarrassing.

It was okay.

I thought that the Sochi presentation was impressive, yet it had a heavy handed scary domineering way about it.

While I know everyone is saying it was the best ever and that none will ever top it, I cannot agree. One reason is that pretty much every olympics opening/closing tops the last one.

I liked Shatner's "Canadians Dream Big" speech. However, once they rolled in the really big beavers it began to feel really silly and not in a good way. Someone said that they were making fun of Canadian stereotypes, but I didn't really get that impression. Think it got lost in translation. I actually started to feel embarrassed for the people dragging those things around.

It just felt a bit cheesy. IMHO.

I actually liked Torino's closing better.

<yeah... i'm sure I'll get a lot of thumbs down for that. Just be honest with your self. Do you really think that big beavers and a moose on a string was really needed?>

No, I did not watch since I was at school. However, I catched the highlight of it. What I can say is that is was spectacular.Hope to see the same in 4 years time in Sochi, Russia.

yes i did watch it but i thought the opening ceremony was a lot better but it was steal okay

• J.

I did watch it and as a Canadian am embarrassed about it. It was awful.

• Cj

i did. i thought it was pretty good.

it wasnt boring which was good. and they didnt over do it which was even better